Samsung UBD K-8500 UHD Disc Player

Yes usually.

Ok just got confirmation of a full refund for my faulty player :thumbsup:
Now left with a choice, do I try a second k8500 or get the ub700?
I'm worried about getting the same problem again, but its MUCH better value for money. :confused:
Thoughts?
Up to you I guess, I mean mine and plenty of others work just fine. I'm now thinking of getting the Oppo when it's released though.

Yup. Mine automatically 'upgraded' from version 2008 to 2009.

Have no idea what the upgrade did though - nothing seems to have changed.
Mine actually rejected all discs I was feeding it until I turned it off/on, after the update was completed

Mine bricked during the update - managed to revive her by pulling the plug and full reset.

Phew!! that was lucky then, had it completed the update.

No it was stuck on 32%. I think it may well have been an internet connection problem as I reset the router as well and it worked fine second time. Took about 15 mins.

Just wondering. Anyone know if this can be hacked for multi region DVD playback?

Considering ordering in the next couple of days and wondering what my options are as we have an extensive back catalogue of region 1 and 3 DVD's. Will have to keep current player if not.

Thanks in advance

Wow, PQ looks improved since recent update! Watching Ant- Man on blurau and higher contrast ratio making things look 3D like!

Wow, PQ looks improved since recent update! Watching Ant- Man on blurau and higher contrast ratio making things look 3D like!
Just updated mine too..Not tried a blu yet, but watching TWD season 5 on Amazon prime and looks good in HD

is there any remote apps for this player supplied remote is terrible.
or if not do any standard samsung blu ray remotes work with it?

I just ordered a remote from eBay that's supposed to be pretty decent. And it's only a few quid. I can post a link tomorrow if you'd like.

EDIT: never mind, here's the link.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I just ordered a remote from eBay that's supposed to be pretty decent. And it's only a few quid. I can post a link tomorrow if you'd like.

EDIT: never mind, here's the link.

I'll be interested to see how you get on with this. The remote for this player is the worst I've ever used.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
is this an import?
would you let us know if it's any good.
thanks.

A couple of people at a different board that I frequent have already bought that remote and they like it. Which is why I decided to give it a shot. Plus it's cheap.

I'll post my thoughts once I get it.

Just bought the Samsung remote off ebay, an original second hand one works perfectly and even control the amp an tv.
Ellis pleased the tiny one now consigned to the man drawer.

@eatstatic
You need a hardware mod for multiregion playback I believe.
Have a look here.
Thought as much, but have been sitting on the fence until today - the RGBDirect deal tipped it for me!

Looking forward to receiving and setting up.

eatstatic

Same here, though I got JL to price match (took 3 attempts as they argued that it was part of a Quantum Dot tv deal, it wasn't).

Preferred JL as it'll be ready for pickup at my local Waitrose tomorrow. :smashin:

I've just brought one of these Sammy players and a Samsung UE40KU6400 tv. I've still got to get a suitable connecting HDMI lead. Bit of a layman with the newer stuff. Will one of these do the job for a HDR tv?

KabelDirekt 1.5m white High Speed HDMI Cable compatible with HDMI 2.1, 2.0a, 2.0, 1.4a (Ultra HD, 4K, 3D, Full HD, 1080p, HDR, ARC, Highspeed with Ethernet) - TOP Series

Link below -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/slredir...0595027&id=1513331403878505&widgetName=sp_atf

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom