Samsung UA55ES6200 to Soundbar - no HDMI ARC?

Kyudos

Novice Member
I have a feeling I know the answer, but thought I'd double check with the tech bods here. I don't think my TV supports HDMI ARC (can anyone confirm yea or nay?) - but it does recognise my soundbar (a JBL 9.1) through AnyNet / CEC and I can control the bar volume with the TV remote, I just don't get any TV audio out of the bar. It seems like it almost knows what to do - when I turn the bar on the TV auto-switches to 'External Speaker', so it knows the bar is there, and what it is...just doesn't know how to send audio there.

So, I guess my question is - is there anyway to get TV audio through HDMI to my bar? I can cast and bluetooth directly to the bar ok, and get audio directly from the bar's HDMI in (e.g., from a DVD player).

I'm thinking I'm going to need to get an optical audio cable.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Your TV's specs/user manual will tell you if it has ARC…most TV's that support ARC usually have it printed next to the relevant HDMI socket on the connection panel.

Kyudos

Novice Member
Your TV's specs/user manual will tell you if it has ARC…most TV's that support ARC usually have it printed next to the relevant HDMI socket on the connection panel.
Yeah...its quite a while since I fixed it to the wall...difficult to see the ports now. Will try and find the manual. :)

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Had a Google & look at the manual.
It doesn't have ARC.
Looks like you'll need to use optical.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom