Question Samsung UA55D8000 and Bose sound issues

p2rae

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have owned a Samsung UA55D8000 for about five years and have been delighted with it. I recently moved house and ditched the Samsung surround-sound system with the intention of hooking up a new Bose 300 SoundBar and Acoustimass 300 subwoofer system. Two problems with this. First, the TV doesn't allow me to set "HDMI on" as the default setting for playing DVDs through the TV speakers; I have to do it manually each time I turn it on. Secondly, I can't make the brand-new Bose system work with the TV at all (hence the need to use the TV speakers!). The Bose went through its set-up process just fine, but that's all I've heard out of it! Can anyone help, please?

I can't make the brand-new Bose system work with the TV at all (hence the need to use the TV speakers!). The Bose went through its set-up process just fine, but that's all I've heard out of it

How do you have them connected & what are you using to play DVDs and how is it connected?

Playing DVDs through the same Samsung 3D Blu-Ray player I've been using for the past five years. It is connected by HDMI cable. I also have a satellite TV decoder, a Panasonic hard drive music system and the Bose all connected by HDMI, although the Bose is currently disconnected as it doesn't work and seems to be responsible for turning off the TV after 10 minutes, like it is on a sleep function. Tried a Samsung software upgrade yesterday, but no difference.

I suggest you have a look at your TVs user manual to check if any of it's HDMI ports have "ARC" or physically look at them on the Tv...if it does, "ARC" will be printed next to the socket...if it does connect it to the Soundbar's ARC HDMI input and have a look in the TV's sound menu to turn it on.

Thanks - I have connected the Soundbar to the ARC HDMI port on the TV, but that made no difference. The TV's sound menu gives me options of HDMI ON or HDMI OFF and neither choice seems to work with the Bose.

Thanks - I have connected the Soundbar to the ARC HDMI port on the TV, but that made no difference. The TV's sound menu gives me options of HDMI ON or HDMI OFF and neither choice seems to work with the Bose.

Disconnect everything from the Tv except the HDMI lead from the ARC HDMI port to the Bose, power down (as in completely disconnecting from the power socket) both the Tv and the Bose for 10 mins then try again.

I tried what you suggested but it didn't seem to make any difference. New problem now is that I can't turn on the Soundbar with the remote. The Bose remote till works and can turn the TV on and off, but I can't get the white power light to come on. I'll see what I can find on the Bose website to cure that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom