• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung U600 or Sony/Ericsson K810i or Nokia 6300???

M

mrsmac

Looking to upgrade from my trusty Nokia 6111 - orange contract which has now been downgraded to £10 per month & to be honest I like orange for the service & signal reception great. Orange now offering a free phone with the choice being Samsung U600 SE K810i or the Nokia 6300. Hubby has SE W850i - can anybody recommend?:clap:

Sy1441

Prominent Member
Looking to upgrade from my trusty Nokia 6111 - orange contract which has now been downgraded to £10 per month & to be honest I like orange for the service & signal reception great. Orange now offering a free phone with the choice being Samsung U600 SE K810i or the Nokia 6300. Hubby has SE W850i - can anybody recommend?:clap:

K810i is easily the best of the 3 mate.

EnigmaCode

Established Member
go for the u600 for peace of mind. the k810 is not built very well and seems to have some issues.
samsung build quality is a lot better than sony ericssons. that's what tends to put people off them.
sonys have great battery and features. but the software, the build quality, and the call quality really let them down. the k810i is no exception from my experience. never again.

ash

Prominent Member
K810i for the win!

I find it perfect, I have the K800i, its predecessor (the difference between the two is very small, mainly aesthetic I have found) and it has never frozen on me. Great camera, looks amazing the K810i and great battery.

I have K800i, and want the K810i really badly... but the K850i is due in October or so.... so don't know whether to wait...

mikeossy

Established Member
Dont get the U600 bloody anoying heat sense buttons are a pain in the behind and its really NOT:eek: built that well.

M

mrsmac

Thanks for everyones help...Im still cofussed though. Got K810i on loan for7 days but I tink I'm too used ti a slider as it feels like a brick! :confused:

Don't know if you could get £10 contract for bew customer but I haggled with Orange direct & managed to get 225 x-net minutes 100 texts a orange magic number - fab cos hubby on orange & unlimited evening 7 weekend calls all for £10 pm!!!! :thumbsup:

MrMav11

Prominent Member
I had similiar dilema, between U600 and K810i. My bro had a U600 so messed with that for a while, nice phone, but the camera didnt seem as good as the K810i so I went with the SE.

The camera is really good, the flash is like a real flash, it can take pics in the dark or when in low light.

Im used to a smartphone so was worried about getting a non smartphone, tbh though in the end you only ever end up using it as a phone anyway.

to me the biggest thing I also wanted out of the phone is to have a decent camera for those never miss shots with the kids, so I got the K810i

I have to say though Ive had it 2 months now, and the bottom off the keypad is a little loose already, I have contected SE direct and they saids send it back, I'll wait a bit longer and send it to them direct I think.

the U600 is a nice phone though, nice screen, you get used to the heat buttons.

hope this helps

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom