Samsung TVs eARC support petition live!

For all the 2018/2019 and any hdmi 2.0b tvs out there that could benefit from Samsung actually providing eARC capabilities to their customers televisions... im very surprised this topic isn't more active!

Mid July came and went and no update was sent out that was rumored for eARC... My tv is on firmware 1361 that I had to manually update to from 1352 or something... (can't remember) and I didn't see much change to be honest. Hopefully we see an update that's actually useful soon!

With the lack of communication coming from the manufacturer and lack of interest and intent to provide full feature support specifically to the 2019 8k line in my case (and other tvs I have as well) I'm at the point where now I actually may jump ship and go with the competition in the future. I wouldn't care if we had some transparency and were told directly... "we regret to inform our customers the current hardware you purchased is insufficient for eARC capabilities you'll need to buy 2020 instead"... I'd respect that honestly... but all you hear is crickets and a new model lineup with all the features we asked for and none for the previous year... not a good way to bring in a new 8k generation and honestly... other competitors may have their flaws but at least they openly admit to them and carry on! I'm starting to think I'd like to have Dolby Vision and other things I'm limited on by Samsung and maybe this 8k generation will be the turning point of who I give my dollars too going forward... what do you guys think on the subject?

By the way the petition is at 186 signatures :) keep em coming, spread the petition around! May as well try. We might be a mosquitoe on a giant but... it will be noticed at the very least.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
For all the 2018/2019 and any hdmi 2.0b tvs out there that could benefit from Samsung actually providing eARC capabilities to their customers televisions... im very surprised this topic isn't more active!

Mid July came and went and no update was sent out that was rumored for eARC... My tv is on firmware 1361 that I had to manually update to from 1352 or something... (can't remember) and I didn't see much change to be honest. Hopefully we see an update that's actually useful soon!

With the lack of communication coming from the manufacturer and lack of interest and intent to provide full feature support specifically to the 2019 8k line in my case (and other tvs I have as well) I'm at the point where now I actually may jump ship and go with the competition in the future. I wouldn't care if we had some transparency and were told directly... "we regret to inform our customers the current hardware you purchased is insufficient for eARC capabilities you'll need to buy 2020 instead"... I'd respect that honestly... but all you hear is crickets and a new model lineup with all the features we asked for and none for the previous year... not a good way to bring in a new 8k generation and honestly... other competitors may have their flaws but at least they openly admit to them and carry on! I'm starting to think I'd like to have Dolby Vision and other things I'm limited on by Samsung and maybe this 8k generation will be the turning point of who I give my dollars too going forward... what do you guys think on the subject?

By the way the petition is at 186 signatures :) keep em coming, spread the petition around! May as well try. We might be a mosquitoe on a giant but... it will be noticed at the very least.

Cheers!
its disappointing, but i purchased the tv on the cheap given it was a 2019 model and was aware of the spec at the time, it would have been a nice to have, but not the end of the world just an irritant, i signed the petition but truly dont think under 200 peeps will carry any sway with them, but fingers x

To be honest I'd be happy with them fixing the uncorrectable audio delay on the normal ARC when passing thought Dolby Digital/+ for the likes of Sky/Virgin boxes/games consoles connected to other One Connect ports. I'm assuming that updating to eARC would sort that - however, I also think they have a big hardware issue here that they haven't addressed for generations of product that is preventing the eARC update....
I also hear that, regardless of eARC being present on newer T models, it is a crippled implementation in that it will not pass any form of DTS through (even thought the set costs as much as it does).

I also signed the petition, alas it is too late for Samsung and I. My 65Q85R is my very first Samsung TV and it will most definitely be my last.
Their sales model appears to be lie, deceive and hope the vastly inflated price tag fools people like me into believing they have bought a superior product.
Reviewers also appear to be oblivious to all these problems that LOTS of people are posting on forums.

Their sales model appears to be lie, deceive and hope the vastly inflated price tag fools people like me into believing they have bought a superior product.
Reviewers also appear to be oblivious to all these problems that LOTS of people are posting on forums.

Just said very similar in the Q900R thread. Couldn't agree more. Have an 8K Flagship (don't make me laugh) TV that doesn't stream 8K or other eARC support.

Yep I completely agree with you guys. I have lost faith in Samsung being anything more than profit driven. One of the richest companies in the world and their innovation appears to only be based on profits and trying to best their competitors. It has nothing to do with their customer base or creating new technology for the world's benefit... its all about the money.

They basically fooled all early adopters of the 8k TV. I could of spent $11,120 on my Q900RB (Q950R) after tax or even more if it was bought at launch... fortunately my 82" 8K half baked tv did not cost me that much but it was still VERY expensive as an average persons tv purchase.

It appears as though they bankrolled off the early adopters and listened to their complaints and wants... and rather than providing for their early buyers... they put all their resources and profits into the next series (800T/900T/950TS)... splitting the single TV option into 3 or 4 different models and probably cutting their costs for production etc making them more money... stiffing their original buyers so people would want the 2020 line and feel like they missed out. Underhanded business tactics doesn't even begin to describe the move they made abandoning their own customers who spent thousands on their brand name.

In short... at this point I don't even care... i won't buy anything from Samsung again if it can be helped and going forward my dollars will be given to a different company that isn't so limiting and deceptive. Lessons learned!

Oh on a different note we are over 200 signatures for the petition haha... not that it matters... but I will be keeping it open so people can sign it and hopefully the petition can act as spreading a word of warning at least to future potential buyers of their products if anything.

Customers make a company. Not their products. Keep your customers happy and do the right thing.

-Aaron.

Amuses me when someone states they'll never buy a particular manufacturer's products again. Because they will and it is unavoidable. Two hundred signatures isn't going to make a difference either, you need thousands thus this petition will be doomed to fail like many others. I read on one samsung community forum that someone was going to take legal action. Get real, on what lol..

Glad you’re amused. I can guarantee you I will never buy another Samsung tv - even if they do bring the eArc update. Easy.
EArc is just the straw that broke the camels back - plenty more crap that just isn’t right for the price of these sets that the manufacturer isnt interested in sorting. Now that hdr10+ is dead on the water and they are still trying to flog that dead horse. I believed the hype that these sets don’t need dynamic hdr (even though they have hdr10+ - huh?) so therefore don’t need Dolby vision.
All I know is they hdr on these sets can look fantastic but at the expense of black crush.
I truly believe that Dolby vision would male a film like Pitch Black look way better in the (numerous) dark scenes in this movie - but I’m s.o.l.
Can’t even watch it in hdr10+ either cos not available or because my receiver won’t pass it.
I could go on.

Last edited:
Amuses me when someone states they'll never buy a particular manufacturer's products again. Because they will and it is unavoidable. Two hundred signatures isn't going to make a difference either, you need thousands thus this petition will be doomed to fail like many others. I read on one samsung community forum that someone was going to take legal action. Get real, on what lol..

The only reason I won't be able to avoid Samsung is they are so big they are probably into the little plastic bits on the end of your shoe laces business haha but cuke2u you are right. It is unfortunate but this company being a global giant cares little about the customer, the petition means squat by means of swaying their decisions... but we are talking about a company that would still be in business even if they had a $ multi-billion dollar lawsuit and lost lol... its precisely why the petition will also remain open because the only way to have a voice for the customer is to have the word spread as a warning to new potential customers. The bottom line is they may not need their TV customers to stay profitable on their brand name... heck you could probably wipe out their cell phone division and they'd still be one of the biggest companies out there but... warning others will support companies that do care and hopefully send a message.

I won't buy "obvious" Samsung branding in the future haha is that a better way of saying it?

Cheers.

Is the eARC support definitely not happening then? There seemed to be a lot of confidence about it a while back (before the summer) but this seems to have dissipated now.

Is the eARC support definitely not happening then? There seemed to be a lot of confidence about it a while back (before the summer) but this seems to have dissipated now.

@almightygoodgod

The honest truth is... nobody has an answer to that. We have the exact same information we started with and a load of miss-information and source leads that haven't materialized into reality. There is no telling short of the clock keeps ticking and nothing has changed. People are getting tired of holding their breath I'd say and losing their hope anything will change.

Some concrete public words from directly the manufacturer has always been needed but never confirmed one way or the other. It's Samsungs business model on how they share information no different then how they never share a change log regarding their firmware updates... you are meant to know nothing until it happens... or doesn't happen at all. Keeps them from creating expectations or promising things they won't deliver on. Its also super shady and frustrating. Yet people keep spending money on their products!

I gave up, I managed to argue at the store that the q900 was promised hdmi 2,1 upgrade, no mention of not supporting Earc.

TV is being collected next week, I’m flipping to the LG 77 GX Oled with 4x HDMI 2.1

I’d rather have a great 4K set than a 8k with no 8k playback and no earc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom