Question Samsung tv white spot on bright colors

max21035

Novice Member
I purchased a couple of months ago a samsung smart tv and I've just recently noticed a white but rather transparent line like a vein at the bottom of the screen. The line is aprox 2 inches long and it is only visible on bright colors like yellow, orange, white and grey.

Last edited:

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
got any pictures

max21035

Novice Member
29ygoia.jpg

ncb59i.jpg

kdvjbn.jpg

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
very odd can see it on left and bottom, would get it looked at.

MikeTVMikeTV

Thats totally normal. Its just where the panel uniformity isnt 100% and its just that there are darker bits making the lighter bit show up.

Its called dirty screen effect and pratically all LED tv have a variation of it, some very slight others covered in it in patches or bands (banding) shows up on footy alot.

You can use a youtube video to make it show up but once you know where it is your eyes will always go to it so do so at your peril.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
i wouldnt say that was dse at all.

Smeeble

Looks a bit like light bleed. Generally every tv has some variant of this or banding. As said this is where the panel and lights vary in distance from each other.
I'm lucky that my tv doesn't really have any light bleed, but it does have bad banding instead. If that's the only slight issue I'd just ignore it as you won't see it unless you concentrate your eyes just on that on a plain colour, which you won't really ever do.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
Am i looking at some thing different, this to me is not banding or light bleed.
29ygoia.jpg

Smeeble

Ahh ok, didn't zoom in the photos enough.
If you follow the pixels down the screen and then down that line do they match up straight? If so it could be that the frame isn't glued on quite straight.

max21035

Novice Member
the vertical lines you see on the picture are just an effect of the photo which was taken too close, so that's not actually banding.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom