Samsung TV vs Panasonic blueray surround

Eclectus

Standard Member
Hi I'm using a Panasonic blueray/3D player surround sound system with my new Samsung PS60E6500 TV. My old P42 GT would turn the player/surround system on and off when switching the TV off/on, the Samsung only turns the player off and not on. Anybody any pointers on this?

The way its set up is, HDMI cable from blueray player to TV direct for blueray and SkyHD box connected to TV via HDMI with an optical cable from the SkyHD box to the surround sytem.

The set up is the exact same as the previous 42GT20 set up apart from having to use a longer HDMI cable to the SKYHD box.

Would I need to turn off Vierra Link on the Blueray Player?

Cheers

Broadz

Distinguished Member
If you turn Viera Link off on Panasonic, or Anynet+ off on TV, they won't control each other at all. If you select the correct HDMI socket on the TV (the one that the home cinema is connected to) it may be able to turn the home cinema on. But that is only a may. Some TVs can do it (my old Samsung could), some TVs can't (my new Samsung can't).

At worst, you can go into Anynet+ control within TV menu, select the Blu Ray player, and turn it on from within there. Saves you messing about with the Panasonic remote control.

Eclectus

Standard Member
If you turn Viera Link off on Panasonic, or Anynet+ off on TV, they won't control each other at all. If you select the correct HDMI socket on the TV (the one that the home cinema is connected to) it may be able to turn the home cinema on. But that is only a may. Some TVs can do it (my old Samsung could), some TVs can't (my new Samsung can't).

At worst, you can go into Anynet+ control within TV menu, select the Blu Ray player, and turn it on from within there. Saves you messing about with the Panasonic remote control.

Hi thanks, still really getting to grips with the TV, seems to be some conflict now and again with the TVs own sound and the surround system and connecting to the surround system takes me to its HDMI 2 port then I have to select HDMI 1 again, all a bit cumbersome.

I had to use a longer HDMI cable (Xbox 360) from the TV to the surround system the original HDMI cable was a Monster shorter cable although it's the same set up, it wouldn't be the different HDMI cable that's causing the problem would it and is it still the case that "any old HDMI cable will do"?

Cheers :)

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Nothing to do with length of cable - may well be something to do with you are expecting a Panasonic home cinema to talk to a Samsung TV in the same way you expected a Panasonic home cinema to talk to a Panasonic TV. In an ideal world they would work exactly the same - but this is rarely the case.

Eclectus

Standard Member
Nothing to do with length of cable - may well be something to do with you are expecting a Panasonic home cinema to talk to a Samsung TV in the same way you expected a Panasonic home cinema to talk to a Panasonic TV. In an ideal world they would work exactly the same - but this is rarely the case.

Hi thanks, I know what you're saying just wanted to get ask the daft questions to make sure.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom