Samsung TV & Sound bar questions

AccessShell

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung UN50TU7000FXZA and Samsung sound bar HW-S50A. I am using an Digital Optical Cable to connect to the sound bar.
Some questions please.
1. Should the volume number show on the TV when the sound bar is used?
2. How do I know if the sound bar is turning off when I turn off the TV using the Cable remote?
3. The cable remote is paired with the TV. Can I get the cable remote to adjust the sound?
4. How can I reduce the background noise without affecting the dialogue?

Thanks

You really need to connect the soundbar to the tv's arc hdmi port to answer most of those questions with a yes.

Thank you cuke2u. Right now I have no HDMI ports available. I am working on that.
I have been able to get the cable remote, the TV remote, and the Sound bar remote to adjust the volume.
Somehow I got the background noise to be hardly noticeable.

Thank you cuke2u. Right now I have no HDMI ports available. I am working on that.
I have been able to get the cable remote, the TV remote, and the Sound bar remote to adjust the volume.
Somehow I got the background noise to be hardly noticeable.
Sorry to reply to such an old thread. But how did you manage to reduce background noise?

I have this soundbar and there is almost a background “rumbling” noise that I can’t get rid of

As my last post said -- "Somehow". Somehow means "I don't know'.

But, I think it is because I set the sound to 'adaptive'.

Sorry to reply to such an old thread. But how did you manage to reduce background noise?

I have this soundbar and there is almost a background “rumbling” noise that I can’t get rid of
Can't say I've ever had any background rumbling at all so I can't help you, sorry..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom