Samsung TV QN900a QN800a and QN700a sound vibration bass issues

Matt Hardy 1988

Standard Member
Reaction score
Samsung TV QN900a QN800a and QN700a sound vibration bass issues - Good afternoon all. I purchased the Samsung 8K QN900a back in June 2021. Ever since I received this I've had sound issues. A vibration at the back of the TV when watching anything with any bass. Walking Dead for example. I didn't report straight away because initially I suspected it to be my TV unit which I now know it's not. I did multiple tests, HDMI connections, cables, sound tests etc and nothing helped. I lived with this for a while but have since reported this to Samsung. My TV was collected and a repair attempt which failed. I've now had the TV returned but the back panel isn't on correctly now or flush at the bottom of the screen. Martin Dawes that carried out the repair said it was a hardware issue instead of a software issue. I believe the speakers at the back of the TV are stuck down to the back of the screen and in doing so touch the back panel of the TV which is a plastic back which then vibrates the whole of the back of the TV. It's not a great sound at all. Martin Dawes have said that this is back with Samsung looking into the issue. I am chasing them weekly for an update and not really getting much of a response. I have now started to quote my consumer rights as this is still in warranty. Samsung say now they are aware of the issue they are looking into it but you will see attached the same issue has been discussed and reported on the American Samsung community pages back in October 2021. I can't see anything on any UK pages or forums. Just interested to know if anyone has similar issues on the qn900a qn800a or qn700a models. I was initially told to turn down the bass but this is not possible in intelligent mode as the bass and equaliser settings are disabled. I'm not happy this is a £6k and I am having these basic sound issues. I hope they have fixed the problem for the new QN900b model due April 2022.

I'd be grateful for any feedback or to hear any stories of similar issues on the same model.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20220221-132944_Chrome.jpg
20220204_103715.jpg

Hi Matt,

I have this exact same issue. I only noticed it when I moved as I didn't have my sound system setup yet in the new place. The tech came out and said even if the cover is changed it will still vibrate as its a design fault. Samsung said they would repair it under warranty. I said no - only because the issue will happen again due to it being a design fault. Samasugn checked with their tech team who confirmed this is correct.

They have issued me a refund on my 85 inch Q800A which is currently in progress. I too also purchased my Q800A in June 2021.

I am now looking in to the Q800B and hope it doesn't have the same issues.

Hi Matt,

I have this exact same issue. I only noticed it when I moved as I didn't have my sound system setup yet in the new place. The tech came out and said even if the cover is changed it will still vibrate as its a design fault. Samsung said they would repair it under warranty. I said no - only because the issue will happen again due to it being a design fault. Samasugn checked with their tech team who confirmed this is correct.

They have issued me a refund on my 85 inch Q800A which is currently in progress. I too also purchased my Q800A in June 2021.

I am now looking in to the Q800B and hope it doesn't have the same issues.
Thanks Markie. That's great. Thanks for letting me know. I'm currently escalating to Samsung's CEO as Samsung are telling me the TV is within Spec. They have said that this has come from the Tech/Authorised Service Centre/Martin Dawes but I believe it's Samsung that have in fact told Martin Dawes to say this. It's shocking really for a product that costs £5-£6k. I think the QN900b will be the same as I don't think the TV design has changed. I think Samsung just hope people that can afford a £6k TV will also purchase a surround system so that people don't notice the quality of the sound. Thanks again for getting in touch. I am sure this will help my case against Samsung

It’s not acceptable for a tv this price. In Australia we have strict laws about this. I dunno if you do where you are.

Apparently they Ik graded the car on the 800b

The tech told me Samsung related a software upstate to sort the vibration. He installed it and still they same. I said turning down the volume and bass is not the solution. The tv should be able to handle this. I hope you get a refund like mine.

Thanks so much again that's great. Yeah we have consumer rights act 2015 here. Samsung don't seem to be playing ball so I'll see what the CEO escalation does and failing that I will be going to the consumer ombudsman and take them to court. It's shocking. Thanks so much again mate

Have the same Buzzing of Speakers on my QN900A 65'' between frequencies 60 to 80 Htz.

Last edited:
Has anyone got the Firmware update notification for Ver: 2001 from Ver:1903. The firmware release isn't available on Samsung's website, Current latest release on the website is Ver.1903. I havn't upgraded it yet as found out from other forums that it broke down the Local Dimming on the QN90B.

Last edited:
Samsung TV QN900a QN800a and QN700a sound vibration bass issues - Good afternoon all. I purchased the Samsung 8K QN900a back in June 2021. Ever since I received this I've had sound issues. A vibration at the back of the TV when watching anything with any bass. Walking Dead for example. I didn't report straight away because initially I suspected it to be my TV unit which I now know it's not. I did multiple tests, HDMI connections, cables, sound tests etc and nothing helped. I lived with this for a while but have since reported this to Samsung. My TV was collected and a repair attempt which failed. I've now had the TV returned but the back panel isn't on correctly now or flush at the bottom of the screen. Martin Dawes that carried out the repair said it was a hardware issue instead of a software issue. I believe the speakers at the back of the TV are stuck down to the back of the screen and in doing so touch the back panel of the TV which is a plastic back which then vibrates the whole of the back of the TV. It's not a great sound at all. Martin Dawes have said that this is back with Samsung looking into the issue. I am chasing them weekly for an update and not really getting much of a response. I have now started to quote my consumer rights as this is still in warranty. Samsung say now they are aware of the issue they are looking into it but you will see attached the same issue has been discussed and reported on the American Samsung community pages back in October 2021. I can't see anything on any UK pages or forums. Just interested to know if anyone has similar issues on the qn900a qn800a or qn700a models. I was initially told to turn down the bass but this is not possible in intelligent mode as the bass and equaliser settings are disabled. I'm not happy this is a £6k and I am having these basic sound issues. I hope they have fixed the problem for the new QN900b model due April 2022.

I'd be grateful for any feedback or to hear any stories of similar issues on the same model.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1659180View attachment 1659194

No they haven't fixed this for the new 900B.
I have an engineer due to come out after reporting to samsung my new 900B
20220531_195042.jpg
is vibrating or should i say buzzing horribly from this speaker under certain bass conditions

From the ending titles of altered carbon:

Last edited:
Update this morning, a support engineer came out and replaced all 12 speakers.....

... no change! Same fault, so they are coming back later today to collect the TV and take it to their workshop to try and see if they can add some sound proofing to try and stop the vibration rattle (which coincidently can be stopped by touching the same speaker in my 1st image?!?!?!)

We'll see, if not, then samsung can swap it out (TV) for another one.

Latest update on my end:
I went to the tribunal where the lawyer from Samsung blatantly said the vibration of speakers on these TV models is not a registered issue by Samsung and stood by the clause we have already provided the consumer with a fix which I refused to accept on a brand new out of the box TV ( fix provided in written: apply double sided duck tape inside the backpanel of the tv to stop it from vibrating).
The judge on the other hand kept on insisting you need to compromise, which I was surprised to hear as it is an OOB faulty unit and I want either a refund or replacement. She refused to see the evidence, documents I provided unless I wanted to pursue the case further and dont reach an agreement with Samsung, to which the judge also qouted eventually may not turn out in my favor and in return I won't be able to get anything then. How could a tribunal case can void warranty, don't understand. Anyhow, I thought for a second and responded that we will accept repairs but if that doesn't solve the issue we'll pursue it further.
From Tribunals point of view case is closed. I haven't accepted Samsung's technical support to open up the TV and create further faults in it.
I am now in a limbo, already have compromised more than enough of my part by paying a hefty amount for a TV and then suffering at the hands of Samsung notorious and poor after sales services.

The vibrating back is a simple design fault. Every model with the Infinity Design has it. The plastic back plate of the TV is too thin and seems to have a resonance frequency in the audible bass range. It is quite surprising that Samsung did not change anything about it for the 2022 models.

On a German forum, one user solved the issue of the vibrating back quite simple. Just install screws and rubber spacers in the VESA mounts, even if the TV is placed on the stand. This tightens the back and it does not vibrate that much any more.

Last edited:
Latest update on my end:
I went to the tribunal where the lawyer from Samsung blatantly said the vibration of speakers on these TV models is not a registered issue by Samsung and stood by the clause we have already provided the consumer with a fix which I refused to accept on a brand new out of the box TV ( fix provided in written: apply double sided duck tape inside the backpanel of the tv to stop it from vibrating).
The judge on the other hand kept on insisting you need to compromise, which I was surprised to hear as it is an OOB faulty unit and I want either a refund or replacement. She refused to see the evidence, documents I provided unless I wanted to pursue the case further and dont reach an agreement with Samsung, to which the judge also qouted eventually may not turn out in my favor and in return I won't be able to get anything then. How could a tribunal case can void warranty, don't understand. Anyhow, I thought for a second and responded that we will accept repairs but if that doesn't solve the issue we'll pursue it further.
From Tribunals point of view case is closed. I haven't accepted Samsung's technical support to open up the TV and create further faults in it.
I am now in a limbo, already have compromised more than enough of my part by paying a hefty amount for a TV and then suffering at the hands of Samsung notorious and poor after sales services.
Hi Mate

I have the exact same issue.
Samsung so called 'Authorised Technician' from 'Woolley Appliance Services' updated the firmware and reduced the 'PEQ Inx' from 44 to 4 which essentially remove all the Bass on the TV. The rattle is still there, the technician said that he can hear the rattle and he will go back to Samsung to update them about the fault. But in the end, he changed his story and in his job report he stated that problem has been solved but the customer is still not happy and would like to receive a call from Samsung.

I purchased the TV from JB Hifi, and he has arrange for a technician (most likely from Samsung) for another inspection. and that is where we are at now.

Hopefully the new technician will be able to solve this.

Would like to hear from anyone who has knowledge of legal aspects, if we can all put together a class action lawsuit against Samsung...

Same issue on the QN95B as well. Samsung remotely fiddled with the settings in my one.
Fixed the issue. F()Ked the sound 🥵. After a lot of time with Samsung got a store credit and purchased the S95B Oled. 😊 Sound is great.

I too had major issues with a QN95B buzzing. I hope my example may be a precedent others can use.

Purchased my QN95B 55" in late August in NZ. Noticed the buzzing when deep base was played (in NZ a Westpac banking advert was the repeat offender).
Lodged a complaint with Samsung, I had already done some research and seen threads like this one and knew that fundamentally there was a design fault. Samsung sent out an independent service agent (who has been very good). They replaced the speakers, unsurprisingly it made no difference. They then adjusted the EQ setting and reduced the base setting and ruined the sound - I noted that this as not a fix as it introduced another issue. Samsung offered me my money back as replacing the TV would not fix the issue (an admission of a systemic fault / design fault). I complained vigorously, the service agent supported me and suggested that instead of refunding the TV they could supply a sound bar. Samsung offered a free sound bar (Q700B) as they could not resolve the buzzing in the TV. They also offered to let me upgrade to a better soundbar if I paid the added cost - I have chosen a Q930B. In visiting shops to choose a soundbar we got to discussing the issues with one of the salespeople (at NZ's largest retailer where I purchased the TV). The retailer had previously advised that I was not alone with my issues and other customers had complained. The salesperson noted they had experimented with the Samsung TV's, all TV's with the Infinity display (eg QN95B and 8K's) buzzed, lots of people were complaining and they would not sell the Samsung TV's unless they also sold a soundbar with the TV. I have forwarded the Samsung offer of a free soundbar to the retailer.

I purchased the upgraded soundbar in late November, they sent me the wrong one and only repeated hounding meant I received the correct one just prior to Christmas. Not once did Samsung say 'Sorry', for the inconvenience. Throughout the whole experience I was made to feel like I was an inconvenience and that I was being offered special treatment.

Overall my experience with Samsung has been woeful. If I rolled the clock back, I would have paid significantly more and purchased an LG or Sony.

Latest update on my QN800A TV. After the 2nd technician confirmed the issue, samsung rang once to run through the exact diagnostic, reducing the PEQ Inx setting from 4 to 3 (mind you the original number was 44). That didn't fix the issue and this was around July 2022. No communication until I gave a negative comment on Facebook in December. Technician rang to run the same diagnostic, PEQ Inx reduced to 2, problem still there. The technician advised that they will forward this to the case manager. It has been 3 weeks and I have heard nothing.

At the same time, i contacted JB Hifi at the same time in December and they have agreed to give me a refund. They will pick up the TV tomorrow and that is that.

So shout out to JB Hifi to step up. But Samsung after service is shocking.

Latest update on my QN800A TV. After the 2nd technician confirmed the issue, samsung rang once to run through the exact diagnostic, reducing the PEQ Inx setting from 4 to 3 (mind you the original number was 44). That didn't fix the issue and this was around July 2022. No communication until I gave a negative comment on Facebook in December. Technician rang to run the same diagnostic, PEQ Inx reduced to 2, problem still there. The technician advised that they will forward this to the case manager. It has been 3 weeks and I have heard nothing.

At the same time, i contacted JB Hifi at the same time in December and they have agreed to give me a refund. They will pick up the TV tomorrow and that is that.

So shout out to JB Hifi to step up. But Samsung after service is shocking.
Does anyone know how to access the PEQ number once in the service menu?

Have the same Buzzing of Speakers on my QN900A 65'' between frequencies 60 to 80 Htz.
Little LATE for this, but I Know what the Buzzing is...if this wasn't already discovered. THere is a Film, on the Edge of the TV that Cover's it's Atmos Side Firing Speakers, barely noticeable. AND...perhaps, IF NOT REMOVED, this would be a definite source of a buzzing/rattling, as its suffering output underneath this shipping film. Took me a year to recognize, and My Neo QN900A was Installed with White Glove Service. Very Sad. SO...I hope this might help others with a similar Sound Symptoms. NOW, if anyone can tell me what this Dam Thing doesn't Stream ANY AUDIO from HDMI nor Optical. Please Hit me Up with THAT SOLUTION...Completely Abysmal Performance, other than Stock Sound, which isn't bad...BUT...!! Want to use my Dolby ATMOS 9.1 Surround that has sat idle for 2 years...DAM....!!

Does anyone know how to access the PEQ number once in the service menu?

I would like to know this too. The bass on this tv was good in march/april 2022 and Samsung has killed it.

You need a service remote to get access to the PEQ Settings, there are some 'fake' service remotes which do the same thing however and unlock the 'full service menu'. Although, changing the PEQ settings doesn't seem to do anything now :(

Latest update on my end:

That's a prime example from the judge telling you that they don't know the law without directly saying it.

As this is an "inherent" fault which renders the product "not fit for purpose", which should entitle owners to a full refund without any quibbling from Samsung.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom