• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Samsung TV QE65Q9FNA - Access remote network drive

GemeenAapje

Novice Member
Hi guys

Please can someone let me know if the following is possible (TV = QE65Q9FNA)

I want to either...
1) Access the USB attached to the TV remotely from a PC to copy mkv files directly to
or
2) Browse network shares (NFS or Samba) from my TV directly and be able to play mkv over the network.

I do not want to use Plex/DLNA because it forces the PC/host to transcode a 75GB UHD video at which point it fails. I know the TV supports the codecs so I want it to just play like it's locally attached - or be able to copy over the network from PC so I don't need to keep moving the USB between TV & PC.

I see online that "samygo extensions" was able to do this but it's no longer available to download and not for this Q series anyhow.

I really do wish Samsung would make this kind of stuff available to us expert users. Even just SSH access so I can setup the TV as an FTP server would be enough to satisfy me.

Hopefully someone here can help

Thanks
Matt

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom