Samsung TV & Home cinema help

MattHiggins

Hey guys :hiya:

I've come to this forum looking for some potential help :thumbsup:

I'm in the market for buying a home cinema system/Amp speaker package for around £400 - £450 mark

My current TV is a Samsung PS50C680
Support for 50'' C680 3D Plasma TV SAMSUNG

The system I was looking at was a Samsung HT-D5550 5.1
HT-D5550 Blu-ray 5.1ch Home Entertainment System - SAMSUNG UK - OVERVIEW

Pioneer BCS-414
BCS-414 5.1 Blu-ray 3D Home Cinema System (BD-Live) with HD Audio, DLNA, USB and Tall Speakers - Pioneer Home Cinema - Surround Sound system

Now the question I can't find an answer to:
- Will I be able to use the surround sound system for my in-built TV Tuner?
- Would I be able to plug in a games console and use the 5.1?

If anyone could help a noobie a little bit it would be much appreciated, If anyone also has any recommendations please link :)
:lease:

Thanks
Kind regards
Matt:clap:

mentm

Yes they both have a optical for your tv audio and 2 x hdmi in for a xbox360 / PS3

MattHiggins

Yes they both have a optical for your tv audio and 2 x hdmi in for a xbox360 / PS3

Thats great! :clap:

Thanks for your feedback it's much appreciated,

Would anyone be able to sugguest any better system? (Even if it cost a little extra)

Main uses will be movies and games (Of course the misses will want 5.1 coronation street??:boring:) The 2 little tinny speakers in the tele are really getting to me now :( :p

Thanks again
Matt

mentm

If you already have a bluray player buy a seperate surround system they are much more flexible. Even if you don't you could still buy a seperate bluray and receiver for that money.

MattHiggins

If you already have a bluray player buy a seperate surround system they are much more flexible. Even if you don't you could still buy a seperate bluray and receiver for that money.

I use my PS3 as a Blu ray player at the moment, so I was looking into a receiver and speaker package
http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/42/100/42/HTP-201/index.html

but thought the speakers wouldnt really "pack-a-punch" I Liked the idea of the Samsung having seperate tweeters

So I'm still a bit stuck on what to purchase:facepalm:

Are there any seperate speaker packages you could link or have the names to :clap:

mentm

Keep your ps3 it's as good as anything else out there. Try and get hold of some boston acoustics soundware xs speakers they are the best you can get for under £500 and are superior to any all-in-one setup. Finally you'll need a seperate receiver such as the ONKYO TXSR309. Don't forget to leave some money for some speaker cable, look on ebay for 1.5mm2 OFC speaker cable.

MattHiggins

That was getting a little to pricey for a bedroom surround but i did make a decision in the end!

I went for a Panasonic SC-BTT775
Home Entertainment - Blu-ray Home Cinema - SC-BTT775 - Overview - Panasonic UK & Ireland

And I have to say I love it!

I listened to the samsung which I linked and it sounded very mudded and harsh in my honest opinion not worth the price tag which it had £429

I did listen to the Panasonic and it was amazing and soon as I got back home it was on Amazon for £394! Brand new I couldn't beileve it (Brought it so fast:clap:)

Much to say i'd recommend this system to anyone

Thanks again for your help :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom