Samsung tv hd channels

Baobr

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me with a query regarding my tv... I have it plugged in via an internal terrestrial aerial, but I cant access any hd channel I.e bbc,itv ch4 etc.....it is a smart tv.But with the same aerial plugged into another tv(lg) I can receive hd!! Do I need a separate Freeview box? Thanks

Hi, can anyone help me with a query regarding my tv... I have it plugged in via an internal terrestrial aerial, but I cant access any hd channel I.e bbc,itv ch4 etc.....it is a smart tv.But with the same aerial plugged into another tv(lg) I can receive hd!! Do I need a separate Freeview box? Thanks
How can anyone answer that. You have given no model information!

How can anyone answer that. You have given no model information!
Hi Fred Smith..it is brand new from Currys and I read that all new smart TVs have freeview built in..Samsung ue65 tu7020..ts

Answer is on the Samsung website.
Hi Fred Smith..it is brand new from Currys and I read that all new smart TVs have freeview built in..Samsung ue65 tu7020..ts

Mystic Meg is on holiday.

Answer is on the Samsung website.

I would suspect the aerial, I tried a internal aerial as a quick test and received only 6 or so channels
none of them HD

The internal antenna is not good enough for the hd but it is not the antenna but where you keep it. You need to find the right spot in the house. I hardly get good percentage HD reception on the front of the house but on the rear I get 100% signal and for 2 good reasons, top floor and that side of the house is facing the Crystal Palace main antenna here in London. You will for sure get a better successful signal with a better portable antenna, one of these you plug on the el. socket should help. Note that you should be able to get a signal percentage info with any samsung tv and just to give you a better idea of your reception, usually on the Setting/Support/Diagnosis/Signal information. Also, your other tv might be in another room and not just that, your LG tuner might have a slightly better reception but good enough to get all channels.

Thanks for your reply, yes you're spot on my lg t.v. is in my back room,ironically though my front room is in sight of Palace transmitter and I am less than a mile from it,have a new "amplified" hd aerial on it's way so will see..

Thanks for your reply, yes you're spot on my lg t.v. is in my back room,ironically though my front room is in sight of Palace transmitter and I am less than a mile from it,have a new "amplified" hd aerial on it's way so will see..
An amplified antenna should help. It would also be a good idea that you tune your tv in the other better reception room so that you will not miss any possible channels with lower reception, once they are there and with some luck you will still be able to see them. A short extension will also help to get best signal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom