Samsung TV EPG guide no information problem solved

anonimus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just had problem, it seems, that I had wrong date setting on TV - surprise its 05.03.2011 and it showed 04.03.2011 - i guess something to do with 28 and 29 of february..

Have to sort all the channels again now..

Guide showed "no information" on all channels.

There is another source of "No information" on Samsung Smart TV FreeSat EPG. I set up my TV with only Sky box connected everything worked well but when I connected two Satellite feeds directly to the TV as a source for FreeSat the EPG had no information in the vast majority. The auto tune also picked up multiple repeats of the same channel from Astra.
After many e-mails to Samsung and finally a long telephone call including them connecting remotely to the TV I was told that FreeSat would not work with the Sky box connected. This is untrue and a rather poor reflection on Samsung's understanding of the product. Here is the solution!
Firstly force the TV to factory reset. Remove the Sky HDMI connection and turn TV back on. It will go into the set up routine. For "Source" choose "Aerial" rather than "Set top box" the other options are obvious. On the next page it will ask for the aerial type and as long as like me you are using secondary feeds from your dish choose "Satellite". The system will then automatically tune your telly (mine used another satellite source not Astra) with no repeat channels and all the info present...yippeeee!
Then connect the Sky box. You'll need to go through a number of small set up routines but remember to keep FreeSat as the primary source. You'll see that initially the Source simply says HDMI so finally set up the universal remote by going in to the e-guide and looking up "Universal remote set up" once done then you'll find the source correctly labelled as Sky. Happy days.....or am I the only one who's fallen over this?

Like replying to a 9 year old thread?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom