• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Samsung TV check dns settings

TommyMAT

Novice Member
Hi guys

I was wondering if any of you had an answer to this or soming I could try

I bought a samsung UE32F4510 smart tv last week and connected it to the internet, it works really well, fantastic tele for the bedroom but when it comes to watching on demand I seem to get half way through a program and the internet drops out.

I go to the network status and it shows wireless network connected but not to the internet - check dns settings in IP settings or contact your internet service provider.

If I turn the tele off then straight back on again it connects and I might get another 5 mins or a couple of hours before it does it again,

I have laptops androids phones and an xbox all connected wirelessly to the router and never have this problem with them.

I'm using the latest bt infinity router receiving around 30mbps download speeds, So far i have

Turned the 2.4Ghz off so everything runs though 5Ghz
Turned 5 off so it all runs through 2.4ghz
set the TVs ip address as static
changed the DNS to googles 8.8.8.8

But as yet it still keeps dropping

Problem i get after 10/15 minutes of watching on demand
post-17107-0-35000400-1396303728_thumb.jpg
When its working ok
post-17107-0-80178000-1396303851_thumb.jpg
IP settings
post-17107-0-81507000-1396304025_thumb.jpg
how its connected to the router
post-17107-0-71061400-1396386537_thumb.jpg
description of the tele in the router
post-17107-0-77817600-1396388095_thumb.jpg
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

TommyMAT

ovbg

I gave up on Samsung's WiFi and use an Ethernet cable for both my Samsung TVs. Samsung just can't do WiFi it seems.

TommyMAT

Novice Member
Ye mate after a couple of weeks messing with the wifi I managed to get it working for a couple of days without a problem, but I didn't trust it would continue to work,

I had a couple of home plugs so i used them as the tele and the router are in different rooms and it's been perfect ever since.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom