Samsung TV as a Monitor

rabaroo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a samsung LE32R88BD that I have just connected via its VGA port to my Laptop, which is running the Intel Graphics Card - when I connect the monitor to the PC I get the Windows OS noise telling me its detected something, but I cant acces the screen from the TV (I've searched all the sources) . In the menu screen, PC source is greyed out....

anyone any ideas how to resolve?

Have you tried holding down the fn button on the laptop and then pressing the shortcut for external display on the laptop (usually looks like a small blue square on a laptop key) then just set the resolution to 1360x768 @60htz and bobs your uncle as they say :thumbsup:

Last edited:
thanks for the tip but that doesnt work... the TV still doesnt even detect that the PC is connected.... in the menu screen its greyed out on the "PC" option

My next step would be to try another vga cable and if that doesn't work then try to connect a desktop upto it. When I try a resolution that is out of range the tv pc connection is not grayed out so I would think it can only be (a) a faulty cable (b) a faulty vga out on the laptop (c) a faulty vga port on the lcd, So I would try and work through each one to try and find out which it is :( hope this is of help.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom