Samsung Tv and Samsung Soundbar Problem

mjhickey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a Samsung QE55Q80RAT tv and a Samsung HW-MS550 Soundbar these are connected using an optical cable and the source set to DIN, every now and then for no apparent reason it switches to BT Source with a drop in volume from this output resulting in having to change the source back to DIN on the remote, i have deleted all Bluetooth on the settings menu but the problem still occurs, help required please.

I would check that the firmware of the sound bar is upto date. You have to update it via your phone/tablet using the samsung multi room or smart things app. Latest version is 1147.2

I have the MS650 (and a Samsung KS7000 TV) and when connected via ARC this would switch to DIN and back every 15 seconds and sound would drop out whilst watching Netflix and prime video TV apps. Ended up using bluetooth connection as a workaround.

Other things to try are;

1. Unplug all devices and leave off for 5 mins. Replace and turn on to hopefully refresh all devices.

2. Disconnect any other devices (Sky, Bt box etc) and test just TV and sound bar. This solved it for me. When I added my BT humax youview box the problem re appeared.

3. Forget and/or unpair the Bar from any mobile devices that you have streamed music to it from.

I think it’s a particular problem with Samsung sound bars but I have not heard of a problem when connected via optical before!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom