Question Samsung TV add a subwoofer

jeegnesh

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I tried to look this up but could not find a concrete answer. I got a new Samsung TV and the sound is ok just lacking some depth/bass for me. I am not allowed a soundbar/sub so what I wanted to know is it possible to use the TV speakers and add a bluetooth subwoofer?

I don’t think that’s possible. Problem is separating the signals and I don’t think that’s possible over Bluetooth. The tv will probably be able to send the entire signal wirelessly but separating it out is a different matter altogether.

Would a compact bar and sub not be possible? Or something stylish without the sub, like a Sonos Beam?

Or if you have space in an av rack/stand, you could get a soundbase?

DAMN. Not possible I only managed to get a TV into that space because I showed the missus the Samsung Frame TV, and putting a soundbar would take that illusion away, and there nothing else on that wall for the likes of a beam.

Don't see a model number, its Samsung The Frame 49", has box with connections, audio is HDMI(ARC) or Optical.

If the connection Box has LR Audio out on 2 RCA you can try connecting them to a Sub with LR RCA Input plus Crossover and Level settings and try running the Sub plus the TV speakers - you will use the setting controls on the Sub to adjust where it start to operate and its loudness relative to the TV speakers.

Joe

If the connection Box has LR Audio out on 2 RCA you can try connecting them to a Sub with LR RCA Input plus Crossover and Level settings and try running the Sub plus the TV speakers - you will use the setting controls on the Sub to adjust where it start to operate and its loudness relative to the TV speakers.

Joe
Afaird there no RCA at all. Looks like TV sound it will have to be.

Do you have a link to the 'Box' or a pic of the connections it does offer?

Joe

IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0881.JPG

You could use the Optical Out with an Optical to 2RCA Converter into a suitable Sub - the one worry being will the TV Speakers and Optical Out stay 'in sync'.

Joe

Hmmm, I will see if I can borrow some gear to try the theory out.

You could use the Optical Out with an Optical to 2RCA Converter into a suitable Sub - the one worry being will the TV Speakers and Optical Out stay 'in sync'.

Joe

I've tried exactly this using converter from Amazon but sound is slightly out of sync and sounds bad/odd

Also tried using receiver with only sub connected to it and its same

So only option is sound bar with it's own sub I think?

hey Jeegnesh, just bought a Q95T and was hoping to do the same, maybe optical out directly to the sub, but not sure if that turns off TV sound or has sync issues. - did you ever find out?

thanks
keith

hey Jeegnesh, just bought a Q95T and was hoping to do the same, maybe optical out directly to the sub, but not sure if that turns off TV sound or has sync issues. - did you ever find out?

thanks
keith
Afraid I never tried anything out, turns out this TV was mostly used for watching breakfast TV, so quickly lost interest in improving the sound.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom