Samsung tu8000 or LG UN8500?

mftek1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. New member here. I been in the market for a new tv for some time. I have always wanted a bigger tv to connect to my home sound system for movie nights and slight gaming on my ps5.

move narrowed it down pretty much to 2 TVs.

the Samsung tu8000 85” led 4K tv.
and the LG UN8500 86” uhd led 4K tv.

the Samsung is $100 more expensive than the lg but I did notice that the lg has native 120hz and 2 ports of hdmi 2.1 while the Samsung is at 60hz native and 2.0 hdmi.
Pretty much I would like the better overall tv but besides reading specs from the internet I don’t know too much about them.

many help or insight on these TVs would be greatest appreciated. Thank you

I would prob go with Samsung tu8000 85 LG is best for its oled sets. a smaller LG oled would be better like the BX or CX.

I'm no expert but one thing you should be aware of is that the display types on those 2 will be different. I ordered an LG 55un81006lb but then realised it was an ips display and cancelled it and bought a Samsung 65tu7100.Contrast and blacks are better on va displays which is also what the Samsung your looking at is. The LG is ips which have poor contrast and black uniformity, if you can view the screen straight on or close to the va will be better for picture but if you need wider viewing angles you might need the LG with ips display. IPS vs VA: Comparing LCD types found in TVs.

My old man has Samsung TU8000. Decent tv for HDR gaming as it has low input lag while he plays Call of Duty Warzone. Nice brightness and good HDR settings indeed.

Thank you guys. Since it’s on sale right now I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered tu8000! Excited to get it!

Thank you guys. Since it’s on sale right now I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered tu8000! Excited to get it!

I'm interested to know what you think of it.

After a budget cut.. I'm now considering between the UE75TU8000, the Sony 75XH8096 and the LG 75NANO769.

I'm interested to know what you think of it.

After a budget cut.. I'm now considering between the UE75TU8000, the Sony 75XH8096 and the LG 75NANO769.
So far we really like it! As a family we watch a lot of movies and sports. We also have it connected to a Nintendo switch and Ps5. This tv doesn’t have native 120hz and it also doesn’t have hdmi 2.1. We mainly got it for movies since I and my kids game only lightly. But man oh man we love the picture quality. The colors just pop and we like how it has great contrast and deep blacks. So far no complaints here.

??? Would the 50" TU8000 be as good?
I like the Smart LG remote, as a side note ...
Is the LG50UN7300 any where Close to the TU8000

We had the LG55UN7300 and it was SO BRIGHT and had to return it.... was it the HUGE screen compared to the 43" VIZIO E43 we had?

Sorry
I am really trying to decide on a 50" for our small living room ... we face straight on at 9 feet.

Last edited:
??? Would the 50" TU8000 be as good?
I like the Smart LG remote, as a side note ...
Is the LG50UN7300 any where Close to the TU8000

We had the LG55UN7300 and it was SO BRIGHT and had to return it.... was it the HUGE screen compared to the 43" VIZIO E43 we had?

Sorry
I am really trying to decide on a 50" for our small living room ... we face straight on at 9 feet.

Thanks for That Link...
The Samsung Remote is strange

So we will notice a difference from That BRIGHT 55" display going with either 50" (TU8000/UN7300)? over the 55" UN7300? or do you mean go towards TU8000

The WEBOS is pretty fancy against the Tizen

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom