Samsung TU Series Owners Thread

low-def.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Samsung TU7000 Series Owners Thread

image_1

All that’s great about Samsung smart TVs:

Crystal Display
Don't settle for anything less than long-lasting, crystal clear colour. Samsung delivers pure colours, sharp contrast and brightness worthy of 4K resolution standards.

Crystal Processor 4K
Relax with a Samsung 43 inch TV that adapts to give you the very best 4K picture and targeted sound.

HDR powered by HDR10+
Watch every moment burst from the screen. Discover what’s lurking in the shadows of a horror movie or witness the true beauty of a sun filled landscape scene.

Smart TV powered by TIZEN
Discover ever more ways to enjoy TV. Only the No. 1 selling Smart TV brand* can give you access to the largest collection of 4K content and all your catch up TV apps including Disney+, Apple TV, NOW TV and BT Sport apps – all in one place at the touch of a button**, meaning you spend less time searching and more time watching the content you love.
And it’s never been so easy to enjoy your TV. Quickly set-up your TV using your smartphone***. Discover new ways to multi-task with Samsung Multi View****. Watch your favourite TV show whilst commenting on Social Media, all at once on the big screen - never miss another moment. And now, for the first time, you can use your favourite assistant to control your TV – and much more – thanks to integrated voice assistance and Samsung SmartThings. Please note, BBC iPlayer is Coming Soon.

*Samsung TV has been the No.1 selling TV Brand for 13 consecutive years by IHS Markit.
**Disney+ subscription required. Disney+ available from March 24. © 2020 Disney and its related entities. 3rd party content providers may remove apps from the Smart TV platform or stop updating them at any time.
***Easy Set-up powered by SmartThings mobile application.
****Available with TU8500 and above. Only supports Android OS based smartphone.

Adaptive Sound
Depending on what type of show or movie you are watching, your TU7000 series TV analyses and optimises the sound in every scene to deliver perfect audio.

Easy Set-up
Automatically login into your accounts with simple, seamless smartphone connection and setup*. Only Samsung can offer comprehensive set-up in just a few simple steps. Your TV and mobile* will automatically connect and your mobile will share your Wi-Fi link with the TV. If your mobile is linked to a Samsung Account, it will automatically be shared with your TV: no additional login required.

*Requires SmartThings app and Internet connection.

Samsung TV Plus
Instant access to 33 free TV channels and content for the whole family without the need for an aerial*. Experience the true potential of your TV straight out of the box.

*Requires Internet connection.

Content Discovery (Universal Guide)
Less time searching and more time watching with tailored recommendations. Finally, all your favourite content from BBC and Netflix* in one place – your Samsung Smart TV. Our Universal Guide recommends popular shows and content tailored just for you, meaning you can watch more of what you love.

Attachments

• TU7000.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 227
Hi all,

Seeing as Samsung has now made some of the TU7000 series models available online I thought i would start an owners thread.

Do you have any news when iplayer might be available? Is the screen va or ips as well, cheers...

Do you have any news when iplayer might be available? Is the screen va or ips as well, cheers...
No date on the BBC iplayer - odd seeing as its a standard app these days.
No answer with Samsung support re the panel type.

Ok thanks, I have a short list for a replacement for my 40c750 she's using but she is feeling the need for apps. Obviously I can go and look at any myself but I might just buy her a firestick instead...

I just brought the 65" version from richer sounds but I keep thinking about exchanging it for the 55" qled instead,would it be worth the upgrade ?

I just brought the 65" version from richer sounds but I keep thinking about exchanging it for the 55" qled instead,would it be worth the upgrade ?
The QLED Range is a higher range, so no doubt perform better - how much of a price jump is it?

£200 but richer sounds have said that the lg 55" nanocell tv on their site is a better more future proof tv for £749 so I am going for that 1

£200 but richer sounds have said that the lg 55" nanocell tv on their site is a better more future proof tv for £749 so I am going for that 1

I personally would pick a Samsung over an LG LCD with an IPS panel but depends what you're used to I guess.

Hi all

I bought the Samsung UE43TU7000 and it’s not blowing me away, it looks dim compared to my old tv which was a Samsung UE40KU6020!

Noe I keep going from it looks fine to it looks dim, I guess it has t blown me away as I was hoping!

I keep telling myself does it look dim as it’s looking more realistic?

it worries me that the settings out the box are as dark as anything! Why would they even start it off looking like that?

also the left panel is ever so slightly darker, I only notice on pepos pig or a kids carton where there is a full flush of colour!

Hi all

I bought the Samsung UE43TU7000 and it’s not blowing me away, it looks dim compared to my old tv which was a Samsung UE40KU6020!

Noe I keep going from it looks fine to it looks dim, I guess it has t blown me away as I was hoping!

I keep telling myself does it look dim as it’s looking more realistic?

it worries me that the settings out the box are as dark as anything! Why would they even start it off looking like that?

also the left panel is ever so slightly darker, I only notice on pepos pig or a kids carton where there is a full flush of colour!

Have you turned all eco modes off?

Yes all eco modes are off, on my old tv I had a backlight setting this one does not! Now I don’t know if it’s me?!? I just didn’t get that big step up I was expecting with a newer tv.

I must admit when I bought a 4K player I wasn’t impressed, maybe I’m just so use to over saturised picture and 4K is presenting a softer more realistic image?!?

I will give it a few days and hopefully more feedback from people in the know will have some input.

Yes all eco modes are off, on my old tv I had a backlight setting this one does not! Now I don’t know if it’s me?!? I just didn’t get that big step up I was expecting with a newer tv.

I must admit when I bought a 4K player I wasn’t impressed, maybe I’m just so use to over saturised picture and 4K is presenting a softer more realistic image?!?

I will give it a few days and hopefully more feedback from people in the know will have some input.

I believe Backlight on newer Samsungs is 'Brightness' and what used to be brightness is now called 'Shadow Detail' so try raising Brightness if you want to increase the backlight.

Also turn off any noise reduction processing.

I can't imagine the tv not having a backlight setting however, according to the e-manual you might be correct:
Screenshot_20200430-124900_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I believe Backlight on newer Samsungs is 'Brightness' and what used to be brightness is now called 'Shadow Detail' so try raising Brightness if you want to increase the backlight.

Also turn off any noise reduction processing.
Thanks for this, all noise and motion options are off. 👍

I can't imagine the tv not having a backlight setting however, according to the e-manual you might be correct:
View attachment 1290862
The panels on the left and right are slightly darker, only slightly! Is that something you have to live with or should I seek help from Samsung? It’s only noticeable if a background is even across eg Dove advert pure white or pepos pig blue sky and green Hill.

What's on the sticker that's attached to the back panel? Can you take a picture of it and post on here?

Exchanged mine for the lg 55sm9010 and the picture is alot better on the lg plus we now have iplayer as well

I am no expert ,the black/contrast look fine to me .I have been watching 4k content on YouTube and it has really impressed me over the samsung

I am no expert ,the black/contrast look fine to me .I have been watching 4k content on YouTube and it has really impressed me over the samsung

Thank you, I'm looking for a 43 inch TV for the bedroom and it does seem choices are thin on the ground that aren't IPS. Also being a bedroom, it tends to be dark...

I also found the smart menu was very leggy on the Samsung but the lg there is no lag whatever

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom