Samsung TU Series Owners Thread

This might help. It is for the HU7500 series though. UE55HU7500 UK ADC Settings - SamyGO
Do a Google search for"samsung adc/wb settings". Also look at the images tab as well to see if there any of the defualt settings.
Thanks - I think I did stumble across that screenshot when I googled for the settings. They are showing as 128 in the pic though, which is what Samsung told me to change them to. I want to revert back to what they were before but cannot find any images on the net showing the default settings. Samsung tech support are absolutely hopeless when I have asked them.

Any UE43TU7110KXXU owners out there ?

I've completely confirmed that for gamers this device should be centered around it's 4096x2160 resolution (PC input). It may not be the "native" resolution which is 3840x2160 but I can't see any detail differences between the two resolutions. What is obvious is ...

1. Game Mode has horrible washed out colours and bad dynamic range. Not surprising really as all processing is turned off to get maximum latency for online multiplayer shooters where you're not looking at the graphics.

2. Having Game Mode off leaves no noticeable latency (this was today in Crysis 1 single player).

3. With Game Mode OFF, 3840x2160 has two Picture Mode options.

4. Again with Game Mode off, 4096x2160 has five Picture Modes available.

5. @ 4096x2160, the best Picture Mode for games, "Dynamic" has VASTLY better colours. The colours almost literally jump off the screen and there is a large brightness/contrast range, everything is super sharp, etc.

6. The vibrant colours are LOST on any other resolution apart from 4096x2160 which seems to be a peculiarity of this TV when using computer input (I have not tested with other inputs).

7. Lastly Samsung could really be a lot clearer about all this. Why do I have to find this all out myself ?

My problem with all this is that it's difficult to use the desktop @ 4096x2160 (or 3840 for that matter) which is why I use AMD Integer Scaling @ 1920x1080 which scales up to 3840x2160. But I was missing all the colours ! Of course making a custom resolution of 2048x1080 to scale up to 4096x2160 does not work because Samsung have the native resolution set to 3840 which makes no sense to the AMD driver so it just letterboxes the 2048x1080 resolution. I'm working with the CRU author to be able to force native to 4096.

I wonder how many device owners have been playing games with sub-standard colours due to this problem like I was ? If you already know about this problem did you find a solution ?

EDIT. FIXED: Warning. Remote risk of display damage ! I cannot be held responsible ! You have been warned ... See my CRU thread post.

Also see ...

LACK OF FAITH CRU.jpg

Last edited:
Hello
How i remove the external hard drive in safe mode in this series "TU?" I don't see any options.
Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom