Samsung TU Series Owners Thread

chancooluk

Standard Member
Is anyone able to tell me is one of the hdmi ports on the TU7100 range 2.1? The 55 inch is advertised as having one on John Lewis but can’t see it specified anywhere else.

Edit: just realised this is in the wrong thread but couldn’t find a tu7100 thread, any help would be appreciated
No, but the TV isn't capable of displaying 120hz content, so HDMI 2.1 would be pointless.

Look at other TV's but don't be swayed by a HDMI 2.1 port of the panel refresh is only 60hz (e.g. Samsung Q60T), as you won't get the major benefits of hdmi 2.1.

DF42

Standard Member
No, but the TV isn't capable of displaying 120hz content, so HDMI 2.1 would be pointless.

Look at other TV's but don't be swayed by a HDMI 2.1 port of the panel refresh is only 60hz (e.g. Samsung Q60T), as you won't get the major benefits of hdmi 2.1.
Thanks for your reply. I’m not looking to buy one (certainly won’t be trading my fx802 for it!) was just having a conversation with someone who said John Lewis were advertising it has having the 2.1 port and I didn’t think it could have an actual 2.1 port.

Evokazz

Anyone have any input on the TU8500? I know the HDR will be limited but it's 4K and looking to get it for my son and Xmas and ticks all the boxes on paper for his Xbox One X. He wont be that bothered about HDR but it's an upgrade over his current TV which is playing up.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom