Samsung TU Series Owners Thread

NashTK421

I also found the smart menu was very leggy on the Samsung but the lg there is no lag whatever
Yeah I have noticed it’s not as smooth as my older Samsung swapping channels and apps! I so close to return it but it’s the first 43 inch tv o have seen that Fits in our Alcove!

teljess

I thought the samsung was very laggy and sluggish where the lg is very quick and responsive

Romster1

Do you have any news when iplayer might be available? Is the screen va or ips as well, cheers...
watched review on YouTube and the reviewer said it was a VA panel and is direct lit not edge?? I was interested in getting this for a bedroom but the comments here are putting me off now so may go for the 7400 which is what I had previously shortlisted.

JuliusCaeser

watched review on YouTube and the reviewer said it was a VA panel and is direct lit not edge?? I was interested in getting this for a bedroom but the comments here are putting me off now so may go for the 7400 which is what I had previously shortlisted.
Is that for the "43 in uk?

Krys

Novice Member

DaveWillo

thinking of going for the 65" version for the sitting room, however, I'm a bit pushed for room above where it will be wall mounted will be just over an inch due to a low ceiling. Do these get very hot at the top if the set its either this or a 60" LG 7100, which will give me a bit more clearance above.
15898160771241055838972930085391.jpg

mjreay

Quick question, there seems to be mixed info online about whether the TU7000 series has OneRemote. John Lewis' site and other retailers mention it but Samsung's site says it comes with a cheapy plastic remote. Can anyone share what came with theirs? Also, is AirPlay 2 supported, again, info is mixed. Thanks!

Romster1

I had considered getting a TU7000 but havig read the comments here especially about it being dark and poor hdr performance I think I an older RU model might be better

MrMister111

Was looking at this 65” TU7000 from JL is £600. Alis there is a TU7100 on JL for £850, what’s the difference?

Noticed there is an update from 2nd June 2020 for this, does iPlayer now work?

Worried on comments of slow/sluggish response as well. Is HDR that bad on it to? Should I keep away from this model?

Why only has 2 HDMI in this day and age of connected boxes as well seems poor.

dajaki65

Novice Member
Hi all,

Seeing as Samsung has now made some of the TU7000 series models available online I thought i would start an owners thread.
Settings for TU7000
Brightness. 15
Contrast. 40
Sharpness. 3
Color. 25
Tint. 0
All picture enhancement options turned OFF
Color Tone. Warm 1
Gamma. 2.2
Shadow detail. 0
Color space. Native
after much tweeking these are the settings I’ve settled on. Would love feedback

herespaulo

Just to put things into perspective a bit, we upgraded from our old Samsung LN640 to the TU7000, and it's a huge upgrade for us.

The picture is great. Is it as good as an OLED or a QLED? Probably not, but to be honest we don't really notice. Plus, we wanted to get a 43", as it's the right size for our room, and the OLEDs/QLEDs seem to start at around 55". That's too big for us, and we just can't justify spending over $2,000 (CDN) for a TV.

Keep in mind too, that a lot of review sites are comparing this to higher end sets, but the majority of the sites say that the HDR on this TV is decent for the price, and I can confirm that (knowing that it's all subjective, something else to remember). Once you realize that you're not getting an OLED/QLED at this price point, it's a nice set. Also, I hate the term "budget tv", because it doesn't really do this model justice.

But I'm glad I found this thread, because I originally came to post what I've learned about Game Mode so far.

I'm using a PS4, and any settings that you use in Game Mode will be the same across the board for any games you play. For example, if you set Contrast Enhancer to "Low" for one game, it will be set to "Low" for all of them. What's funny though, is that once you back out of a game, and return to the PS4's menu, the settings will default back (in this case, with Contrast Enhancer set to "High"). I like that, as the settings for games themselves save.

The only bummer though is that some games look better at different settings. For example, I was playing MLB The Show, and for that particular title, I like Contrast Enhancer set to "Low". But with Spider-man, I like it set to "Off". So, unless I want to change Contrast Enhancer (or any setting) every time I switch games, I have to choose which game I can live with not being calibrated exactly how I want it. I don't know if this is the same for all TVS, as I think some game developers handle HDR better than others.

Also, if you're playing a game with HDR off, and change a setting on the TV to make the image look better, then that changes the setting for the entire HDMI source that the PS4 is connected to. For example, if you change Contrast Enhancer to "Low", it will stay set to "Low" once returning to the PS4's main menu, so that's a bummer. Settings only seem to save for games with HDR on.

And lastly, "Color Space" seems to affect all sources. I prefer to have Color Space set to "Auto" for games, and "Native" for watching cable, but when I set Color Space to "Auto" for my PS4, it stays on "Auto" when I switch to my cable source, and vice versa. I'd love to know if this is the case for anyone else.

Anyway, this is a really good TV, as long as you're not expecting $2,000 and up OLED/QLED quality.

ALAN BALL

Novice Member
Was looking at this 65” TU7000 from JL is £600. Alis there is a TU7100 on JL for £850, what’s the difference?

Noticed there is an update from 2nd June 2020 for this, does iPlayer now work?

Worried on comments of slow/sluggish response as well. Is HDR that bad on it to? Should I keep away from this model?

Why only has 2 HDMI in this day and age of connected box

Adama80

Novice Member
Hi

just some info on my experience with the 43 inch version of the TV after a few months use and several firmware updates

We use the set as a bedroom tv with sky Q and a Nintendo switch hooked up to it.
I find both work really well and have done since day 1.

Apps
At first we were pretty disappointed with the apps on the TV. Watching Netflix or Disney plus with HDR was terrible and pretty unwatchable as so dark. We could watch both apps in HD through sky so not a deal breaker at the time.
Si the last few Firmware updates, everything now seems to be working as it should so it looks like the implementation of HDR10 is sorted now.
Only niggle is that Disney plus in 4K can be Juddery. However I also get this on my Q90R so I’m assuming it’s an issue with the app in general not this set specifically.

Sluggish menus
after the update at end July, the menus are better- still not perfect but much improved.

Overall we’re happy with the TV now that some of the bugs are ironed out. Works well enough for what we use it for- I’m impressed with the picture quality on a sub £300 set.
Worth noting that the auto updates since may havent been added to the server so I’ve been updating via usb. The last auto update was 1115 and the current version is 1312 So it’s definitely worth checking the website not relying on Samsung having added them to the download servers for the TV

umutcan1903

Novice Member
Hi

just some info on my experience with the 43 inch version of the TV after a few months use and several firmware updates

We use the set as a bedroom tv with sky Q and a Nintendo switch hooked up to it.
I find both work really well and have done since day 1.

Apps
At first we were pretty disappointed with the apps on the TV. Watching Netflix or Disney plus with HDR was terrible and pretty unwatchable as so dark. We could watch both apps in HD through sky so not a deal breaker at the time.
Si the last few Firmware updates, everything now seems to be working as it should so it looks like the implementation of HDR10 is sorted now.
Only niggle is that Disney plus in 4K can be Juddery. However I also get this on my Q90R so I’m assuming it’s an issue with the app in general not this set specifically.

Sluggish menus
after the update at end July, the menus are better- still not perfect but much improved.

Overall we’re happy with the TV now that some of the bugs are ironed out. Works well enough for what we use it for- I’m impressed with the picture quality on a sub £300 set.
Worth noting that the auto updates since may havent been added to the server so I’ve been updating via usb. The last auto update was 1115 and the current version is 1312 So it’s definitely worth checking the website not relying on Samsung having added them to the download servers for the TV
Hı whats fornt color 43tu7000 when ı open TV ı see notification please set front color

DF42

Standard Member
Is anyone able to tell me is one of the hdmi ports on the TU7100 range 2.1? The 55 inch is advertised as having one on John Lewis but can’t see it specified anywhere else.

Edit: just realised this is in the wrong thread but couldn’t find a tu7100 thread, any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.

Latest News

Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett