Samsung to Marantz

wilko888

Novice Member
Hi peeps. I don’t suppose any one could give me a little advice please?
I’ve just taken on a Marantz 6010 which I want to connect to my Samsung ue55js. My question is, the hdmi already has inputs to the tv box and also Marantz so if I connected in to one of them how do I connect the two units as there doesn’t seem to be an out on either. Thank you

gibbsy

You can connect by using the HDMI ARC inputs on both TV and receiver. You will have to enable this within both units, refer to their respective manuals. ARC can be more than a bit temperamental and many people prefer to use digital optical from TV to receiver. Both ARC and optical will give you Dolby Digital 5.1. Not knowing your TV's specs that may be as high as Dolby Digital Plus when using ARC.

As the 6010 is a receiver this may be better in that section. Would you like me to move it there.

wilko888

Novice Member
Many thanks Gibbsy. This will take a bit of time to process and work out as I’m afraid I’m very new to this and it’s rather baffling. Many thanks
Steve

gibbsy

If you connect and configure the ARC inputs correctly then there should be no need for a splitter and the sound from the TV will use the same HDMI cable for the return of audio. ARC = audio return channel.

Don't know how relevant this link is:
HOW DO I USE ARC WITH MY SAMSUNG TV?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom