Samsung The Frame TV - how to watch Spanish TV channels in the UK?

MarkCF

Novice Member
I have a Samsung The Frame TV in one of the rooms in the house, live in the UK and use Virgin Media. I would like to download Spanish TV apps onto the Samsung TV, so we can watch channels like La1, Telecinco, Antena3 etc. We can currently download those apps on the Apple TV which is connected to other TV's in the house and the channels work fine. My wife can also download and watch those channels on her iPad using a Cyberghost VPN app.

I have tried NordVPN as I read this article - How to Watch Spanish TV Shows Online Abroad (with a VPN)
However, after trying to change the DNS settings, and speaking to their online support it doesn't work on the TV with Smart DNS. They also said the Virgin router was not compatible and I wasn't able to add the VPN.

I'm sure I can attach an Apple TV unit to the TV, but I think this defeats the point of having The Frame TV and hiding the control box in the cupboard!

Help!

jamietd

Where did you buy the TV?

I brought my TV back from Spain and found a guide to change the tv region so i could download English apps, but this also removes the spanish apps/store

notengo13

Hi, I bought the TV in the UK.
You can change local set in Extended service menu to EU_Spain or you can attach dish to your TV if you have dvbs2 tuner and also you need MatrixCam and you can watch any channels from Spain on Astra 19.2E

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom