Samsung The Frame (2021) and Xbox Series X - Game port problem

Ahoyahoy2000

Novice Member
Hi everyone!

At home we have two The Frame (2021) and Xbox Series X.

Both setups have worked splendidly together for the past few months until suddenly yesterday there was a problem.

One of the sets suddenly refused to display the Xbox screen at all and just showed the "check source power" line. I got it to work again after disconnecting the TV a few times and it worked for the rest of the day.

This morning both sets refused to show image from their connected xbox at all. I switched away from the HDMI game-port, and then it works flawlessly with no issues at all. This goes for BOTH the TV-sets.

I have managed to get both sets working again with the GAME HDMI-port by doing the following:
  • Turing of VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)
  • Holding down the TV power button for 5 seconds so it restarts.

If I turn on VRR again both TV promptly lose the xbox picture on the game-port and I have to switch to another HDMI-port, so the problem right now is that I don't longer have access to VRR, and I don't know if my solution is permanent, or if I will continue to see problems with the Frame not showing a picture even with VRR off.

TVs are both running firmware 1506.

I expect it might be related to this firmware version as it was released just 5 days ago (May 20th) and I've got automatic updates on.

Is there a way to roll back to a previous version? I can only find the latest version (1506) on Samsungs website....

Any input would be greatly appreciated! :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom