Samsung The Frame 2020 65LS03T & One Connect Cable Option

jas1975

Novice Member
Hi all

I am getting conflicting information from suppliers.

Basically, for what I want to achieve at home the 5m cable that comes with the 2020 model would not be long enough - I am being told by a supplier that they have checked twice with Samsung and VG-SOCR15 (2019 model) cable option will definately work; then when contacting the (very few) suppliers of the cable they say they are not compatible.

Does anyone know the actual answer? Has anyone used a 15m cable with the 2020 model tv's? - I don't want to risk spending £1,800 on the tv and £200 on the cable given the supplier of the tv does not have stock of the cable (i.e I cannot then send the whole lot back).

Thanks in advance
Jason

David Abrah

Novice Member
I have the same issue! I already have one of the TVs - planning to buy more but only if I can get 15m. If you tell me where I can buy a 15m 2019 cable from - I’m happy to buy one and test it!

NHM

Novice Member
Hi Jas1975

This seems to be a common problem! Just ordered a 50 in Samsung 2020 Art Frame TV and need a cable extension, as apparently it only comes with a 2-meter length of the near-invisible cable - need an extension of at least 6 meters. Just completed a Live Chat with Samsung who does not stock the extensions and suggested checking with Maplins etc. Can you share where these are available?
Appreciate your help, as Amazon seem to have a 15 m length at £199!

jas1975

Novice Member
Hi both

I took the plunge and bought the Frame 2020 65” from Richer Sounds and the 15 m cable from Spatial Online.

Richer Sounds convinced me it would work - despite Samsung and Spatial themselves telling me it would not work I can now confirm it does.

There is a 5 m cable in the box but I want to put the new tv the other side of the room to where my existing tv is and would be difficult to move all the cables (Sky etc) so could only make it work with the longer cable so this was great news for me - and I hope you too.
Cheers
Jason

NHM

Novice Member
Hi both

I took the plunge and bought the Frame 2020 65” from Richer Sounds and the 15 m cable from Spatial Online.

Richer Sounds convinced me it would work - despite Samsung and Spatial themselves telling me it would not work I can now confirm it does.

There is a 5 m cable in the box but I want to put the new tv the other side of the room to where my existing tv is and would be difficult to move all the cables (Sky etc) so could only make it work with the longer cable so this was great news for me - and I hope you too.
Cheers
Jason

Hi Jason
Thanks for the prompt response, appreciated.

Just typed in on the Spatial website “Near Invisible cable for Samsung Art Frame TV“ and did not get any results.

What did you type in and how much was the 15 m length cable?

Appreciate your help 😊

jas1975

Novice Member
This is the one I bought

And paid £199 (had to close my eyes when I hit ‘buy’ - shocking price)

David Abrah

Novice Member
I did the same yesterday! Bought 2 cables from Spatial. Worst £400 i've spent! They are arriving today, so I can confirm later if they work!

tomdomb

Novice Member
Hi everyone. i am hoping someone out there may be able to help. we just bought the 2020 55" frame model, arrived yesterday and really happy. however my wife rang me at work to day to say our puppy has eaten through the near invisible (not indestructible) connect cable. argh..... I cannot seem to work out where to source a replacement standard cable. all i keep seeing are the 15m versions which i dont need and it has lead me here. please can someone point me in the right direction for replacement like for like or on the off chance if one of you who has purchased the longer 15m cable and has a now unneeded 2m or 3m cable i would be keen to purchase from you. many thanks in advance

Dunnaldo

Standard Member
Hello

Is anyone aware of any stockist that is carrying the VG-SOCR15? I am finding it very difficult to source and am hoping somebody has some good news for me!

Do we know why this cable (or in fact the cable made officially for the Frame 2020 models) is not readily available? I am assuming the current pandemic has something to do with it, or so someone as Samsung has told me.

Thanks!

frazzo

Does anybody know if the 10m 8k cable with work with this 2020 Frame 65 inch.

SAMSUNG VG-SOCT87​

They seem to be significantly cheaper than the 15m cables.
Ta

frazzo

Does anybody know if the 10m 8k cable with work with this 2020 Frame 65 inch.

SAMSUNG VG-SOCT87​

They seem to be significantly cheaper than the 15m cables.
Ta
I can confirm that it DOES NOT fit the 2020 the frame as the connectors are slightly larger and don’t fit.
Shame. They are £90 on eBay.

£200 for the 15m ones is insane. The TV costs a grand.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom