• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

samsung th-tx500 won't turn on,help!

RustyRooy

My samsung th-tx500 just won't turn on,gutted because i've just wall mounted all the speakers & then a week later its broken!!!
any ideas guys or know anywhere to get it fixed?
thanks in advance......

Gaspode_TWD

Have you already tried the usual reset technique (disconnect from mains for a period)?
Try using a different socket for the mains and check the plug fuse. Any other fuses on it that might have blown?

RustyRooy

Have you already tried the usual reset technique (disconnect from mains for a period)?
Try using a different socket for the mains and check the plug fuse. Any other fuses on it that might have blown?

hi,
thanks for your reply...i've tried leaving the plug out for 12-24 hours & theres only one mains plug/so i think the fuse is fine as the red light still comes on!
maybe it just burnt out or something:(

Gaspode_TWD

Hmm ... So it just goes to standby? Unless you can find a stray wire which could be activating some protection circuitry (I'm particulary thinking speaker wires) I think its not going to be an easy home fix. Sorry.

RustyRooy

Hmm ... So it just goes to standby? Unless you can find a stray wire which could be activating some protection circuitry (I'm particulary thinking speaker wires) I think its not going to be an easy home fix. Sorry.

just fixed it,it was a loose connection in one of the main speakers..only after i unplugged it all aswell:)

Recovered

Standard Member
Hi RustyRooy,

Sorry for reviving this (and threadjacking!) but I have the same surround system as you and this thread was the only sensible thing I found when googling around for wall mounts. :)

Any chance you could share with me how you mounted the speakers?

Thanks in advance!

RustyRooy

Hi RustyRooy,

Sorry for reviving this (and threadjacking!) but I have the same surround system as you and this thread was the only sensible thing I found when googling around for wall mounts. :)

Any chance you could share with me how you mounted the speakers?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
i bought the wall mounts from ebay-Can post a link if still wanted?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom