Samsung T200HD DTV not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy73

Standard Member
Reaction score
afternoon. I purchased a Samsung T200HD TV last year. Recently I went into the DTV menu and checked for an updated version of the freeview software (which there was) however when I pressed the button to update, the TV started switching itself on and off every 5 seconds or so. At first I thought this was normal but I have left the TV switching itself on and off for 6 hours and I still can't watch any digital channels (I can still watch the Analogue channels when I press TV- the TV stays on but goes back to switching on and off when DTV is pressed).

Due to how quickly it switches on and off I can't even return it to the previous software via the DTV menu. Cannot find any info in the manual or via the samsung website for this model relating to DTV.

Is there a factory reset for it or a way to get back to the default software which I know works.

Please help!

Thanks

Rowdy

I have the same problem with the 933HD model. I contact the samsung assistence but the only solution is to repair it. I cannot return back to the previsious firmware. Fortunately here is still analog trasmissions for about a mounth. Now I hope for an easy solution to reset it.

Hi Rowdy73
Did you get a solution to your T200HD problem? I have lost freeview.My set is still under warranty but the supplier suggested a factory reset- I'm clueless as the manual I down loaded from Samsung does not include this "reset"
Any help would be appreciated!
:lease:
briannw

To open the service menu follow these steps:
- Shutdown the tv
- Press Info + Menu + Mute + Power

I try to reset from this menu but I haven't solved the problem.
I sent my tv to samsung assistence, I have to wait for a week(I hope).

Last edited:
Hi Meltingshell,
Your solution worked!!:thumbsup: Thank you for your help with this, I thought I was going to have to do battle with the retailer to get it sorted under the SGA. I did disconnect the DVD/VCR before I tried the reset,its an old DVD-V6700 so thats my next task to keep the family happy!
Many Thanks
briannw

Nothing!
I found this trick in a czech forum (thanks google for translation :)).
The reset function in my tv will reset only the preferences and when it reboot it ask for the setup, but the DTV problem remain.

I have exactly the same problem with my T220HD. I have tried the fix above but this does nothing to get the DTV working again. The anologue side of things is fine. It's going back to the shop if I don't find a fix soon. Can't see the point of Samsung sending out a firmware upgrade which their TVs crash with!:mad:

If I find a solution I'll post it ... please do likewise!

Hi,
Was there ever a solution found for the new upgrade breaking the DTV?
I've just stupidly switched to the new firmware/software while retuning the TV for the digital switchover.

How can I get it back?

Thanks for re-reading an old thread

I wasn't able to resolve the problem, I sent the TV to the assistance since it was still under warranty.:(

Do you need an aerial for the freeview to work with this monitor?

Do you need an aerial for the freeview to work with this monitor?

You need an aerial for any Tv or Monitor with built-in Freeview.

While both the question and answer are absolutely correct, you DO both need to check how OLD the Thread you're replying to is ! :rolleyes:

And I'd wager that neither of you bothered to read the FULL Thread, before leaping in with such an inane question/answer !?! :lesson:

This Thread was resurrected in April 2012 (for a valid reason), but the Thread was actually started in September 2009, with an EXTREMELY specific problem about an over-the-air software update which crippled the TV !!!

So your 'aerial' Posts are rather simple-minded; especially following the helpful responses which had already been given; which can only prove that you have NOT read the complete Thread !!! :facepalm:

While both the question and answer are absolutely correct, you DO both need to check how OLD the Thread you're replying to is ! :rolleyes:

And I'd wager that neither of you bothered to read the FULL Thread, before leaping in with such an inane question/answer !?! :lesson:

This Thread was resurrected in April 2012 (for a valid reason), but the Thread was actually started in September 2009, with an EXTREMELY specific problem about an over-the-air software update which crippled the TV !!!

So your 'aerial' Posts are rather simple-minded; especially following the helpful responses which had already been given; which can only prove that you have NOT read the complete Thread !!! :facepalm:

Philip4242 I'd be grateful for you not to police my posts.
In my case there was no need for me to read the full thread and I was/am perfectly entitled to reply and answer to what is as some of us, (but not all) know is a simple query.

@ Philip4242, please leave any modding of threads to the mods, your post here is the completely pointless post, posted as far as I can see for no other reason than to antagonise the poster/reply poster... if you have a problem with any thread use the report button.

Curly

In my case there was no need for me to read the full thread ...

?!?!? :eek:

And there was I, naively thinking that the whole point of a Thread is that the Posts progressively contribute towards a solution to the ORIGINAL problem, taking into account ALL the previous responses.

Thank you for the education.

You know fine well IZ EXTREME mistakenly hijacked the thread and that I was only responding to him.

this thread has gone as far as it can, I would suggest that Philip4242 reads the whole thread before replying.

I'm now closing the thread to stop it descending further in the farce.

Curly

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom