Samsung SyncMaster p2470hd - problem

Conc3p7

Standard Member
Helo all, i'm new on these forums and here's the deal,

When i connect my monitor via DVI to my computer the image is fine. But when connected to my Xbox360 arcade edition via hdmi or component i get a poor quality pixelated/fuzzy image specially visible on object/characters outlines (it was the best way i found to describe it :/).

These are my current settings.:

Xbox360
- 1080p resolution
- reference levels -> expanded
- hdmi color space -> rgb or YCbCr709

Samsung
- Hdmi input name to "PC"
- All picture settings on reset
- Tried various picture options, and the problem persists :/

And this is even worse with a dreamcast via scart at 60hz, but then again i don't know if these new monitors are compatible with "old stuff" :)

I´ve tried to connect the Xbox360 to a LG W2286L-PF 2ms and the image is fine :facepalm: (the lg resolution is 1680x1080 opposed to the 1920x1080 samsung).

I think that maybe the samsung monitor is too good for the console...:cool:

Thanks, all the help is welcome

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
I have the same monitor but no X-Box to test this. I tested the HDMI port using a Pace satellite receiver (but that was 1080i) and it looked great on BBC HD, Luxe HD etc.
There is an AV Timing table for HDMI and component input on page 58 (section 3-7) of the PDF user manual.
You need to confirm that the X-box video output timing exactly matches one of those.

Conc3p7

Standard Member
I have the same monitor but no X-Box to test this. I tested the HDMI port using a Pace satellite receiver (but that was 1080i) and it looked great on BBC HD, Luxe HD etc.
There is an AV Timing table for HDMI and component input on page 58 (section 3-7) of the PDF user manual.
You need to confirm that the X-box video output timing exactly matches one of those.

Well the thing is i already returned the monitor to the shop and was refunded... since my other monitor is still at 100% and i also discovered that i can play xbox360 on my laptop via hdmi :facepalm: (yeah i forgot i have hdmi on my laptop...)

Anyway thanks for the replies, and i hope these tips will be of some use for other users of the forum.

ByronicX

Standard Member
I have the exact same problem, the quality is terrible. Im going to return it tomorrow......i couldnt find a solution. The hdmi quality was ok after i changed the source name to pc, but it doesnt work with component. And i only need it for component because of my Hauppauge hd pvr :/

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom