Samsung Syncmaster 710N - resolution?

owen kric

hi,

have been using the syncmaster for several years on a Vista 32 bit no worries. about a month ago my graphics chipset [nVidia] was updated by Windows and the monitor's resolution settings went beserk, resulting in screen black for about 5 anxious days

someone suggested i try another monitor today, which i did - an ancient pre-LCD model - and it worked, allowing me to work on the nVidia defaults: 1024x768 / 75 htz

this was the setting i had always chosen but i noticed the resolution was initially set at 640x480 somewhere i never go

so what must i do to keep both the nVidia and Samsung happy in terms of resolution please - this business has totally thrown me: i was about to go out and order a new mobo! :eek:

thanks

Ric

owen kric

have now upgraded my graphics card but the multiple crashes and restarts seem to have completely fased the Samsung monitor - it can now work perfectly (on other systems) then revert to 'screen black' eventually floating this ghastly message across the screen:

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p32/r_i_c_2007/Samsungnotrecommended.jpg

it does this on everything, Vista, XP, VGA box, so i don't think it is a resolution issue because last time this happened it was showing perfect visuals until the screen went black

is there any way of resetting this monitor to factory defaults perhaps?

thanks

owen kric

after installing (again) the Samsung disc and downloading the driver from the Samsung site, ran the monitor on an XP system this evening and it was absolutely perfect. Then after about 2 hours i got the black screen + resolution warning again

so i switched monitors and set the resolution to the Syncmaster's 1280x1024, then plugged the Samsung back in - and i still got screen black + resolution warning

this is crazy - i am using an ancient CRT monitor when the Samsung LCD flips out like this, and no problems with the CRT at all :-o

any suggestions please?

thanks

Ric

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom