Samsung Syncmaster 225mw strange problem

mrFlibble47

Standard Member
hi

was wondering if anyone out there has seen this problem (see attached pic) before and knows of a solution (other than buying a new monitor which would be a bit ott since it still works fine apart from the knackered menu system). It affects all the menu screens. I've not had it that long (<12months i think) and this problem has been there for a while now.

cheers

Attachments

mrFlibble47

Standard Member
erm if I still had the receipt i could. that'll teach me to keep the receipt in the future (it ought to anyway, probably wont though). i wish every bit of display screen equipment i've ever had was as reliable as a crap old 17" crt monitor i once got from a pawn broker type shop. everything else has had something go wrong with it.

stevelup

Distinguished Member
You don't necessarily need a receipt - if you know when and where you bought it from, you should still be able to get some support.

Personally, I'd be inclined to just ignore it - you probably don't use the menu's that often?

erm if I still had the receipt i could. that'll teach me to keep the receipt in the future (it ought to anyway, probably wont though). i wish every bit of display screen equipment i've ever had was as reliable as a crap old 17" crt monitor i once got from a pawn broker type shop. everything else has had something go wrong with it.
Dont worry about the reciept, look around on the Samsung website and get their telephone number. I had my Sammy 226BW go faulty, a green line all down one side about 1 or 2 pixels wide, and they replaced it within a week, and where very very good calling and emailing me for swap out etc.

Although it only affects your menus now, it could be the beginings of a greater problem that happens outside of warranty.

mrFlibble47

Standard Member
i feel a bit of an idiot :suicide:
the problem fixed itself when i left it unplugged from the mains the other day. i plugged it back in and lo and behold it was fixed. d'oh. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to try that earlier. Thanks for people's suggestions anyway. I'll try all the obvious remedies first in future when i have a problem :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom