• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung Syncmaster 172 tft

jlajla

Standard Member
I've had a Samsung Syncmaster 172 tft for several years now and never experienced any issues - until recently.

The screen has started to appear to go off, but I can see the screen very very faintly, as though it's still on but there's no light coming through.

There hasn't been any damage to it as far as I'm aware and the problem intermitant.

I've not much idea what it could be. I tried changing the screen res which made it stop doing it for a couple of days but started up again?

If you can help or offer any advice I'd really appreciate it.

malrap

Standard Member
Backlights flashing on and off,is always either one or both of the backlights have failed,or a schottky Diode has failed,or Capacitors have failed,or inverter has failed if there is a separate one.Unless you are technical, and have a Voltmeter ,soldering iron etc, then I'm afraid you will have to find a place of repair,or get another Monitor,and put the Faulty one on that famous auction Site,where there is a very good market for faulty Monitors.

jlajla

Standard Member
Thanks very much malrap.

I'm not hugely technical, so probably best left to the experts...

Didn't realise there was a market for faulty monitors..!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom