Samsung SSG-3700 vs. SSG-3100 review

Miths

It can't just be motion sensors because they don't turn on when you pick them up but only when you put them on. I've triggered them by accident sometimes - when I pick them up - when my finger touches a specific spot at the end of one of the arms, so I've assumed a pressure sensor is located there.
Perhaps they use a combination of pressure and motion sensing to determine whether they are still being worn? By someone who's alive and awake :).

ArmitageShanks

Someone braver than myself really needs to take one of these things apart :D

ArmitageShanks

Hmmm, I'm now wondering if the SSG-3500s might have something similar (I was expecting some sort of touch/pressure sensor). I've had one of my SSG-3500 pairs momentarily stop/restart while wearing them, but just attributed it to a glitch in the signal, whereas my friend watching alongside didn't see anything on his pair.

denziloshamen

Samt1 said:
My glasses arrived of Friday! :) After only being shipped on the Tuesday I think that was pretty impressive, especially as the delivery was free. The glasses are legit and brand new, tried them out and both work great, nice and light, tried them over my glasses and that was ok.
I think they work better in a lower lit room, i.e. just a lamp or 2 on instead of main lights, when I had main lights on I could notice the flicker very slightly but with lower level lighting it wasn't noticable.
So for £74 for 2 pairs I'm very happy and would recommend them to anyone looking at buying some glasses.

I also bought a pair of the 3500s based on the comments here. I ordered them last Thursday (4th August) and they posted out with free shipping a few hours later.

However, I've not yet received them. Can anyone else who ordered a pair by standard post (I didn't spot the fed ex option when paying) comment on the delivery times. I'm not overly concerned just yet as it has only been just over a week, but was interested to know how long I should expect to wait until I contact the seller (this is a query for free standard delivery only).

Ch33kyM0nk3y

Standard Member
I also bought a pair of the 3500s based on the comments here. I ordered them last Thursday (4th August) and they posted out with free shipping a few hours later.

However, I've not yet received them. Can anyone else who ordered a pair by standard post (I didn't spot the fed ex option when paying) comment on the delivery times. I'm not overly concerned just yet as it has only been just over a week, but was interested to know how long I should expect to wait until I contact the seller (this is a query for free standard delivery only).

For what it's worth, this is my experience:

I ordered three pairs of 3100s via ebay/Seoul/Korea (£25 each) a couple of weeks ago

• Ordered them on a Sunday
  • Posted on the Monday
  • Arrived the following Monday - Standard delivery
so a total of 8 days end to end

denziloshamen

Ch33kyM0nk3y said:
For what it's worth, this is my experience:

I ordered three pairs of 3100s via ebay/Seoul/Korea (£25 each) a couple of weeks ago

[*]Ordered them on a Sunday
[*]Posted on the Monday
[*]Arrived the following Monday - Standard delivery

so a total of 8 days end to end

Cheers. As mine were posted on a Thursday/Friday, I may well have two weekends coming into play which has delayed things a bit. Hopefully they arrive early this week.

Miths

The 3700 do, so I assume it's very likely the 3500 will as well.

Barthez

Thanks miths. It's the first time I have charged them and with the destructions in Korean I wasn't sure if they were charging or not. Will it stop flashing when charged?

Miths

If I recall correctly it switches to green (or a non-flashing orange, but I think it's green) when it's done charging, and then possibly turns off completely after a couple of minutes.

ianeb

Hey, for the people thAt ordered these from Korea, did you have any problems with VAT charges once receiving them? :confused:

ArmitageShanks

I've ordered twice from the same Korean seller, no charges for me. But I have seen posts on these forums where some people have had their orders get stuck in customs. I had my orders delivered to my work address, maybe customs turn a blind eye to business addresses?

Richard

Distinguished Member
Ask the seller to mark the value of the item down a bit and declare as a gift on the customs declaration.

geof1948

richard,you can buy cr2025 batteries on ebay for 8.99 per 100,although I have seen them cheaper......the sell by dates are 2013(cos I got some):hiya: just seen some (50)for £6.65 so have ordered them.....will give feedback when delivered.

Last edited:

ianeb

:smashin:

I will probably end up buying one pair of the 3700's for myself seeing as I'm the one that watches the most 3D! The missus doesn't really care!

I will settle for the 3100 Megamind pack for starters though :D

denziloshamen

ianeb said:
Hey, for the people thAt ordered these from Korea, did you have any problems with VAT charges once receiving them? :confused:

My thoughts on this that those getting taxed on their orders may have ordered more than one pair, and so a higher value and more on the radar of customs.

I think if you order one pair at a time you won't get taxed. I didn't have any charges applied to my 3500 order.

Now, is any else surprised at how wobbly the 3500s are? I was expecting them to be a bit more rigid on the frame so they would stay in place better. They are really floppy and don't seem to sit behind my ears at all like I thought they would. They're fine once I start watching and forget I'm wearing them, but just when I first put them on I feel like I need to keep fiddling about with the position if them until they are just right .

scurrminator

The eBay shop i ordered from put the cost down as $11 for two pairs of 3700s so I didn't get charged; actual price was $120

geof1948

I have NOT been charged ANY VAT for skype camera/glasses or keypad from any of the sellers......and have ordered other items from these sellers to upgrade my computer etc.all been posted as "gifts".

denziloshamen

Tesco had the two glasses and mega mind starter pack for £39 today. Think you would have to be quick to get one as I got the last one in my local store, but worth a look if you have one of the bigger Tesco store near you.

denziloshamen

Anyone had issues with the 3500 bought from the eBay seller recommended on here?

I've come to charge mine today for only the second time and the glasses are totally dead, no lights no reaction, nothing. They won't charge via the micro USB cable no matter what I plug that into as a power source.

Has anyone resolved this issue or managed to get a replacement sent from the eBay seller (bigclothcraft)?

denziloshamen

weddingcoll said:
.<br />
<br />
So as you possibly can see, there are particular financing options on hand to acquire your financing prior to deciding to make your current major select! You'll hold the edge with your seller while you're on the point of make your own purchase.Yes pay attention! You may well negotiate what amount of you're investing in that house, vehicle or possibly other serious purchase before you'll sign around the dotted range.You're with the driver's seat if you have your cash already, consider you're previously pre okayed! So, allow the negotiations in your major select begin!

Mmmmmkay!

ArmitageShanks

Anyone had issues with the 3500 bought from the eBay seller recommended on here?

I've come to charge mine today for only the second time and the glasses are totally dead, no lights no reaction, nothing. They won't charge via the micro USB cable no matter what I plug that into as a power source.
Haven't seen this happen on any of the four pairs that I ordered. I suspect it could be a duff cell in the glasses. If you allow lithium-based cells discharge too far, they won't recover. Always best to leave them in a semi-charged state (and check them ever few months if you don't use them).

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Hisense TVs get Disney+ on VIDAA smart OS
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern launches entry level SR25 MKII portable music player
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG rumoured to release 97-inch OLED TV in 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Blu-ray (UK) for Halloween 2021