Samsung speakers

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by sting£r, Jan 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. sting£r

sting£r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have the LE32R74BD, and im very pleased with the set in general, but the speakers are abysmal. WHen people said they were poor, i thought they meant they didnt have deep bass and would struggle at higher volume. Well im playing games on volume about number 15, and the speakers crackle and vibrate horribly whenever there should be a slightly deeper sound ommited. Are everyone elses this bad on the particular model? I havent noticed many problems when watching TV, but if gaming is anything to go by im going to be forced to by an external speaker system which i didnt want.

2. Thug

Thug
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,740
    I have the LE40R, and my speakers are also terrible.
    I got mine just before christmas, and it was exchanged the next day due to this. The new one is exactly the same, and crackles/resonates at certain frequencies. It mainly does it on TV programs and is not too bad with my xbox360.
    I have noticed that if i press the plastic near to the speaker the problem stops.
    I im in a dilema wether to return it for another make, or effect my own repair by placing some dampening material in to stop the vibration.

MATT

3. sting£r

sting£r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well i was playing around with it last night and found something interesting. I can play music through a dvd player, watch dvds or TV, pretty much as loud as i can bear, and the speakers dont crackle. I can play my gamecube with composite cable and no crackle, BUT as soon as i switch for the official RGB cable the crackle comes back! I just dont understand why only one cable is causing this. Surely if the speakers are crap they should be whatever your watching...

4. dibdab

dibdab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Why not buy some cheap computer speakers or hook it up to your Hi-Fi or something?

5. sting£r

sting£r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I was intending to, but now ive found that it only causes a problem with one RGB connection, i think thats what i need to look at changing.

6. badbob

badbob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    Yup terrible sound quality from that set, just turn them off and use external speakers.