Samsung SP56K3H on QVC now

where i cant see it :cool:

oh yes it is there, sorry, i'll take a very detailed look soon; because this tv looks damned good, its by far the most attractive.

it's gloss black all over........very cool :cool:

it also has a top quality picture........a faster/more segments on its colour wheel, better blacks etc; it's the pinnacle of 720p/1080i, it's also cheap; but i doubt the picture will be as bright as the JVC, but you wont notice this at home

now this is very very very very very interesting! :D :D :rotfl:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukgasp/frameset.asp?dept=Uk21&qic=y

http://www.samsung.com/fr/products/tv/projectiontv/dlp/sp56k3hvxxec.asp

Attachments

• sp56k3hv_m_profil_droit_lg.jpg
    sp56k3hv_m_profil_droit_lg.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 154
  • sp56k3hv_m_face_lg 2.jpg
    sp56k3hv_m_face_lg 2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 223
http://www.ultimateavmag.com/rearprojectiontvs/706samsunghl/index1.html

well it's ok but not so good, i read a few too many negatives (soft picture, out of focus in places and motion blur), this tv costs about 1300 quid and this reflects in its performance.

It wont be as good as the JVC 56''; because it has none of the faults mentioned in the review, great shame because this in one sexy looking tv!

I nearly ordered it but it sold out lucky for me as its only 1280x720 which is crap as I got TV-Drive and want 1080 which I have watched for years on my PC.

bliss007 said:
I nearly ordered it but it sold out lucky for me as its only 1280x720 which is crap as I got TV-Drive and want 1080 which I have watched for years on my PC.

yes this tv isn't as good as the top 2. :thumbsdow

bliss007 said:

1280x720 is hardly crap mate. The TV-Drive only outputs 720 lines in prog scan mode anyway so a 1080p tv wouldnt really improve on picture quality unless it had a very good built in upscaler which i doubt. In 1080i mode TV-Drive outputs 1080 lines interlaced so there's only really 540 being refreshed every cycle.

this tv isn't as good as the top 2, but it doesn't mean it's not in 3rd place, it'll be better than the other DLP's around at the moment; because research points to this!

dont forget the SXRD is 1080p in 1080p out, as SY1441 states; if this TV-Drive is indeed 1080i, the SXRD will only output 1080i.

anyone here whose a fan of DLP, cant go wrong with this SP56K3; it's cracking good!

it's just that so much has changed in the last 6 months, the SP56K3 would've been red hot last Xmas, but now it's overshadowed by the JVC/SXRD; but what will overshadow the SXRD in a year's time? :eek: who gives a damn because i want it right now :D

Samsung have goofed big time, because this should've been their 56'' 1080p, because if you ain't buying a 1080p television; the best is the JVC 56'' 720p, i can see little market for this SP56K3 (unless you're a die-hard DLP fan).

even then take care, because my guess is that Sagem are about to release new tv's

ehh been sitting on the fence for so long and then this!!!

Was really interested in this baby but it's already sold out at QVC. For the price it semed fantastic especially since it seems empire have pushed the price back up on the HDD56.

Oh well back to the fence.:rolleyes:

nocode said:
ehh been sitting on the fence for so long and then this!!!

Was really interested in this baby but it's already sold out at QVC. For the price it semed fantastic especially since it seems empire have pushed the price back up on the HDD56.

Oh well back to the fence.:rolleyes:

it's on a ``Waitlist``.....yes the price is brilliant and it'll be as good as the Sagem 56'' or slightly better

!!!!!
Me and some forum members tried to get Samsung to respond to if this model will ever come out in UK, they always said no! Now I bought my TV LOL!....

ash said:
!!!!!
Me and some forum members tried to get Samsung to respond to if this model will ever come out in UK, they always said no! Now I bought my TV LOL!....

yes i remember because it was i who sent them an email, i think a few others did to....but they said no to me. :thumbsdow

i always had a soft spot for this tv, but things have moved on since then; even so, it's still damned good; but i dont know how it compares to the SP50L7

Has anyone any experience buying from QVC? Anygood? I gave QVC a ring and they reckon they'll have a small quantity in stock on or around the 13th Septemeber so I've put myself on their waitlist.

That'll be 2 weeks of 'Wohoo!!!' mixed in with the odd 'Oh F#@k!!, what have I done!!!' :D

nocode said:
Has anyone any experience buying from QVC? Anygood?
We've bought quite a few things from them over the years, both large and small, from excercise equipment to kitchen items, jewellery, etc. Always excellent service, although delivery can be a bit slow.

it's a great looking tv too! :thumbsup:

http://cgi.ebay.de/LEASINGANGEBOT-S...yZ107787QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it's on EBAY already :cool:

This tv is now all over Europe, so expect to see it here soon; it looks very cool, looks wise it blows all RPTV's out of the water....it gets an average to good review in America, but dont forget that everything is being compared (like it or not) to 1080p over there.

But in comparison to a 720p it's very good indeed

bliss007 said:

god yeah thats really crap for a TV in the UK :confused:

this tv hasn't taken off at all, it's been around for ages and there's still nothing on the web; nobody is interested........ most odd.:thumbsdow

it looks like traditional RPTV (colour wheel) is dieing out in the U.K, the new Toshiba hasn't turned up, no new Samsungs and Sagem have had enough too....it's only Sony and JVC left and they're both microdisplays.

do you remember the 1080P Sammy pedestal SP56, because that would've been a good one for us....that tv is history in America now :eek:.....it's very scary how everything moves on so fast! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom