Samsung SP50L7HXX

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Brianjhussey, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Brianjhussey

Brianjhussey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all.
    Having lurked on these threads for what seems like eternity, I have finally ordered this set from John Lewis in Bristol.
    I am extremely grateful to all for their comments, both favourable and otherwise, which have helped in my decision.

I was originally looking for a plasma, but was not impressed by the PQ in any of the many stores of any of the favoured brands, eg Panasonic, Pioneer etc.

I am hoping that the new technology from Toshiba, SED , will meet with my approval in a few years time when Hi Def is the norm.

Finally, is there a '' running in '' period for the Sammy ?

Many thanks, Brian.

2. niceblokejohn

niceblokejohn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brian

I'm planning on popping to that branch on Saturday to see it in action next to others - was it (and others) set up well in store (I was :eek: tonight when comparing the 50" Sagem to the 50" Samsung in Comet - terrible picture but the Samsung showed a much cleaner image. Went round the back to see only the RF lead connected!!!)?

Also, could you let me know if you got a good price on it, e.g pricematching?

(I'm returning my Hitachi plasma in favour of something rear projection I think)

:)

3. Brianjhussey

Brianjhussey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Niceblokejohn,
    I have to say that I was disappointed with the set up at John Lewis but I have been looking at this TV and the Sagem 50'' in a variety of locations and am aware of it's potential, thanks to the many views expressed on this thread.

I finally looked, and played with it, at Currys in Cribbs Causway and went to John Lewis. Last night I entered the Currys website, where the price is £1800 + but when I entered my postcode, it was not available in my area. I mentioned to the sales assistant at John Lewis that , although the TV was priced at £2499 in Currys,( the same price as J. Lewis ) it included a 15'' LCD tv and extended stand. He immediately offered the Samsung LCD TV ( priced at £250 ) as part of the deal.
    I accepted .

Brian.

4. niceblokejohn

niceblokejohn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Brian

Just tried Curry's website and its out of stock for me too - a shame, there's a £100 off and free delivery discount codes floating around and I get 11% cashback (10% of which is immediate) with my Egg Money card via the Currys website which would make it £1552 delivered + installed. I think I'll give them a ring tomorrow to see when they expect more in.

I'll try the Currys at Cribbs too - was planning on doing that PC world part then going to the main Mall. Cheers for the info and update us with your thoughts when its arrived! :thumbsup: