1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50L7HXX

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Brianjhussey, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Brianjhussey

Brianjhussey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all.
    Having lurked on these threads for what seems like eternity, I have finally ordered this set from John Lewis in Bristol.
    I am extremely grateful to all for their comments, both favourable and otherwise, which have helped in my decision.

I was originally looking for a plasma, but was not impressed by the PQ in any of the many stores of any of the favoured brands, eg Panasonic, Pioneer etc.

I am hoping that the new technology from Toshiba, SED , will meet with my approval in a few years time when Hi Def is the norm.

Finally, is there a '' running in '' period for the Sammy ?

Many thanks, Brian.

2. niceblokejohn

niceblokejohn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brian

I'm planning on popping to that branch on Saturday to see it in action next to others - was it (and others) set up well in store (I was :eek: tonight when comparing the 50" Sagem to the 50" Samsung in Comet - terrible picture but the Samsung showed a much cleaner image. Went round the back to see only the RF lead connected!!!)?

Also, could you let me know if you got a good price on it, e.g pricematching?

(I'm returning my Hitachi plasma in favour of something rear projection I think)

:)

3. Brianjhussey

Brianjhussey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Niceblokejohn,
    I have to say that I was disappointed with the set up at John Lewis but I have been looking at this TV and the Sagem 50'' in a variety of locations and am aware of it's potential, thanks to the many views expressed on this thread.

I finally looked, and played with it, at Currys in Cribbs Causway and went to John Lewis. Last night I entered the Currys website, where the price is £1800 + but when I entered my postcode, it was not available in my area. I mentioned to the sales assistant at John Lewis that , although the TV was priced at £2499 in Currys,( the same price as J. Lewis ) it included a 15'' LCD tv and extended stand. He immediately offered the Samsung LCD TV ( priced at £250 ) as part of the deal.
    I accepted .

Brian.

4. niceblokejohn

niceblokejohn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Brian

Just tried Curry's website and its out of stock for me too - a shame, there's a £100 off and free delivery discount codes floating around and I get 11% cashback (10% of which is immediate) with my Egg Money card via the Currys website which would make it £1552 delivered + installed. I think I'll give them a ring tomorrow to see when they expect more in.

I'll try the Currys at Cribbs too - was planning on doing that PC world part then going to the main Mall. Cheers for the info and update us with your thoughts when its arrived! :thumbsup: