1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50L7HXX DLP help req please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Pete872, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Pete872

Pete872

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tried posting this in the cables forum but with no joy so i'll give it a go here.

Be gentle with me here as I really dont have much of a clue at all were cables and connections are concerned, thats why i'm here!

I have just ordered a Samsung SP50L7HXX DLP and i'm wondering what are the best cables for this particular tv? I will be running a sky+ box through it and for time being just a cheap Asda type dvd player (well I have just spent nearly 2 grand on the telly!) . Just for information the dvd does have a s-video out connection if this is any good? They are the only two appliances I will have connected apart from a video sender to send the sky to the bedroom directly about the "cinema room".

Thanks,

Pete.

2. indie24

indie24

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I would connect both by RGB Scart leads. If your cheap asda dvd player has component then i would use that.

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,322
    I use a Thor Scart cable which are about £18 from Play on my set and its great quality for Sky+

Very good cable - would say beeter than the £50 QED cable I used to use