Samsung Sp50l7hx

K

koho1960

Hi Guys

Id be intersted to know what colour settings you guys have your Sammy set on, as in a previous post I told you all I had a red hue which I still have.
As I have not heard of anyone else with this problem Id like to check my settings.
Rang Samsung tech they told me I have a problem with the set and to check back with the store I bought it from(currys).
This I did only to be told I have to have a repair not replacement. The TV was only delivered 3 days ago. Currys said someone would ring back in 30 mins that was 5 hours ago... and Im still waiting.

Thanks Kableman for your reply on my post.

Any ideas ?

If this TV is faulty you are fully entitled to a refund, let alone a replacement. Don't let Currys pull the wool over your eyes on this matter.

Threaten them with a visit from the local trading standards officer - it's worked a treat for others when Currys have tried the same tactic.

Indeed my advice to you would be to get a refund and buy it elsewhere. Currys' aftersales and customer services are notoriously bad. Just search on this forum for some horror stories.

John Lewis stock this TV and will price match Currys, but, they also throw in a 5 year extended warranty as standard - for free! What is more their aftersales service is superb.

With Currys I managed to get the TV for the web price with free delivery.
John Lewis will match currys shop price but wont match the web price.
If I bought expensive leads how much difference is it going to make if any. The "red hue" Im talking about is more noticable on light backgrounds and white backgrounds are pink with a shimmer. The judder is more apparent whenever there is a menu bar on the screen or the interactive symbol display they actually move.

When I was considering this set JL said they would match an online price that I quoted them. Have you asked in the JL store or tried JL online. It was the online service that offered the match.

Someone has just posted on another thread saying that they pricematched Costco, whose price on this set is one of the cheapest. Give them another try.

Forget about leads - if Samsung has told you that the set is faulty, then you need to get rid of it. Don't risk a replacement. You don't know what has caused the fault and it could be recurring. You are entiled under law to a full refund or replacement - don't let Currys fob you off with a repair.

But you really want to get out of Currys clutches if you can. Look what's happened after only three days.

I rang JL they are not prepared to match currys on line price either in store or online.
I rang Samsung again today, i told them I didnt see any red hue or judder while watching a DVD last night they have said for that reason they dont think the TV is at fault and I should invest in some good quality cables. Played the DVD through compoment input it was fine no problems in fact the picture was jaw dropping , only seems to occur through sky+ box and freeview box.
Samsung wouldnt agree or disagree that they are having colour problems with the sets. As previously stated on these forums
By buying at currys I saved £675.
Am i just been to fussy as Iv gone from watching a 44" LG DLP to the Sammy.

You can't be too fussy if there's a problem.

Not had anything like this on my Samsung SP46 with Freeview or any other source. If you're OK on component with your DVD, then perhaps this suggests that there may be a problem on the SCART inputs (if that's what you're running Sky and Freeview through).

At the end of the day you've got a red tint on your screen which is not usual for this set. It's not fit for its purpose. Go down to Currys and demand a replacement or refund. You are fully within your rights under the law. Threaten them with Trading Standards if you have to. You're not the first one Currys have tried this with - they are breaking the law by insisting that you can only have a replacement.

There are plenty of satisfied users of this set. Demand your replacement and become one of them. :smashin:

Recommended reading...

Your consumer rights.

Currys rely on people believing what they say in these cases. The law states otherwise.

Took Paulys advice and went back to Currys tonight.
I gave them 2 choices either replacement or money back. I am delighted to say I will be receiving my new Sammy on Sunday! :clap:
Lets hope this one is ok. :thumbsup:
I will keep you all informed.

I have noticed however that Scart 3 is a 100% better than scart 1 and 2 but still not right, my RF input picture is better than my sky and there is no judder.

Brilliant matey! Result! :clap:

Hope this new set will be working OK for you. It's a beautiful telly you'll be in for a treat. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom