1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50L7HX vs panasonic pv500 plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sheep, May 24, 2005.

1. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hi all, as some of you are aware i have had my fair share of problems with my various dlp's, well i am now at a crossroads if i cant get my samsung fixed(will know by wednesday) i am going to abandon dlp as i'm fed up of paying all this money and getting problem after problem and look into plasma,now i know there will be a lot of people saying plasma cant hold a candle to dlp for pq but ive been reading good reviews about the panasonic and wondered if anyone here has got any experience with it but also with dlp so i can get a fair view,thanks in advance

sheep

2. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,427
    Speak to MEW on plasma forum. He installs panny plasmas for a living :)

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,975
    Moved to Plasma forum at originator's request.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Is someone taking my name not only in vain but mis-spelled? I think you ought to know that makes me very depressed. I do not install Panny plasmas for a living, I design, specify, sell, and yes, install, home cinema systems. Quite often this is with Panasonic plasmas, never a Viera, and obviously not yet a PV500. I have likewise never installed a DLP rear pro TV, though I am familiar with them. Yes, the picture can be excellent. Any plasma will have a hard time matching such a thing, though they will excell in areas that DLP has trouble. Such as, lifespan, maintenance, viewing angle, space. If you are seeking the highest possible picture quality, you need to avoid 'consumer TV' plasmas, you need a panel only one, have a read of the Fujitsu XHA40 thread. It's the current state of the art. Not cheap, no sir, just the best. You might want to consider a video scaler as well. Get yourself a proper demonstration of some decent kit, and see what you think. I reckon the DLP has just a small edge in PQ terms, as long as you are in the 'hot seat'. For everyone else in the room, the plasma will beat it hollow.