1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50L7HX story

Discussion in 'TVs' started by hman, Aug 12, 2005.

1. hman

hman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

Thought I'd share this tale with you guys as I'm sure you'll find it interesting/amusing.

Basically, I live in Australia, and with a little research and reading through the posts on this great site I decided to go ahead and purchase the Samsung SP50L7HX.

To cut a long story short, I purchased the television from Harvey Norman's here in Melbourne - TV arrived :) , fine, but :mad: ... no matching home theatre system as is shown clearly in the picture under the product code SP50L7HX.

I rang up Harvey Norman and asked where my matching home theatre system was and they got on to Samsung who fed them some line about it being only a promotional thing, which is complete bull$#*#! I looked up the product on the Aussie Samsung site and it clearly sates under specifications that a home theatre system is included in the package, including two speakers.

So ... back to Harvey Norman back to Samsung who then inform Harvey Norman that apparently that home theatre system is infamous for catching on fire.

Harvey Norman have agreed to give me an upgraded home theatre system (one that I hopefully won't be having BBQ's over) and Samsung have amended their website and now state *Shown here with matching HTDS1000 Home Theatre (Avaliable Separately).

http://www.samsung.com/au/products/tv/rearprojectiontv/sp50l2hx.asp

2. BAN5HEE

BAN5HEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    Well in the end you seem to have gotten off for the better. Good on you mate!

3. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    :hiya: hman

At least you had a lucky escape.....

Just think, on top of having dolby digital surround sound you would have ended up surrounded by flames !!! :eek:

I also saw the home cinema set-up on a Samsung website though I can't remember if it was on the Australian site.

At least it got Samsung Australia to amend the (incorrect) info on their website :)

4. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But they are still more than happy to sell a home theatre system 'separately' even though it has a tendency to catch fire :eek:

5. Ettepet

Ettepet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    If so, it's gonna be the first home theater system that's warm and bright.. :D

6. mr_sockochris

mr_sockochris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    On the bright side, it would add an extra layer of immersion to films like Backdraft :p