Samsung SP50L7HX - problems after lamp change

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Oerten, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Oerten

Oerten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm from Sweden, so please excuse my english! To the problem:

One night my Samsung SP50L7HX switched off and the indicator told me there was something wrong with the lamp. So i ordered a new one, replaced it by manual, but the same "error"(?) was shown again?

Have someone expreiensed this before? Any ideas what to do?

2. joedvee

joedvee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Oerten

I don't know the detail on your Samsung, my TV is a Sagem. But I want to check something with you.

When replacing the lamp from my Sagem, included in the lamp housing is a small glass fuse. This fuse is used [in the Sagem anyway, and the Samsung must use this mechanism or else some other way of achieving the same thing] to reset the computer count-down clock. This clock rates how many hours have been used on the lamp.

When the lamp reaches so many hours in the computer memory the first stage notification is a blinking light to warn the user to change the lamp. After the light has been blinking for another set number of hours, the computer final stage warning is the lamp will not power up.

This is in case it burns out and explodes which could cause damage to the optical path.

In the Sagem when you replace the bulb you must also replace the fuse. The first time you switch it on this fuse blows, and this resets the computer memory clock to zero.

Have you checked out if there is a fuse in your system to replace with the lamp? The computer clock must be reset for the new lamp. If there is a fuse and you have not replaced it, you must do so to get the new lamp to start.

If Samsung do not use the fuse system then the other alternative would be to reset the clock via software. You would need to get into the engineer menu to do this. I can't advise you on that as I don't know the story with Samsung TVs.

Hope that helps.

Joe :)

3. Oxie

Oxie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Try this

Instruction on Resetting the Lamp Timer
    - In order to enter the Service Mode, Press "INFO"→"MENU"→"MUTE"→"POWER" button on the Remote Control.
    - Select the "14 OPTION TABLE" on the First display of the Service Mode.
    - Press the ▲▼(Up or Down) button to select the"21. Lamp Timer clear", then press Enter to slesct.
    - Press the (Left or Right) button to Resetting the Lamp Timer
    - Display the "clear....." and then "20. Lamp Timer" will be 00000H.

Thats it

4. Broomers

Broomers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the same problem...:( I changed the bulb about 5 weeks ago after it "popped" without warning had the set 3 and half years on the original bulb with no probs. Anyway changed the bulb again no probs. picture quality was excellent again..untill today ...:(the set just keeps turning off...cant even get into the menu because the set wont stay on long enough. Now it displays a warning triangle with the bulb icon.Trie reinstalling the bulb still the same:mad: