1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50L7HX connection problem

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by AV Alan, Jun 28, 2005.

1. AV Alan

AV Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Been running my SP50 using the VGA output from my home media PC with no problems - stunning quality BTW (very happy bunny).

Now recieved my DVI to HDMI cable (thx to timk for the link on ebay) and seem to have run into a problem in that I can not get my windows desktop to correctly size on screen - its too big so I loose some of the display.

When you connect via a VGA PC connection, the SP50 gives options to resize & move the display around. When you make a HDMI connection however you do not get this option.

My graphics card (GeoForce FX 5500) does not seem to offer any settings I can change to resize my display either. I have tried messing around with the resolutions etc, but no luck - what I am looking for, either on the PC or TV is some sort of zoom & pan control to get the display to the right size & place on the TV screen - any suggestions?

Thx
    Alan

2. NonPayingMember

NonPayingMember
    Previously Liam @ Prog AV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +830
    Are you using 1280x720 resolution? It may be that the HDMI port will only accept video resolutions such as this, and not XGA, SXGA etc (which wouldn't be ideal anyway).

Also check as you say, display size and position to see if you can "shrink" the image in. Also worth scrolling through the aspect ratio modes. I don't have any experience of this screen in particular so am only able to guess here, but it could be a case that the HDMI input simply overscans the signals it receives!!

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,432
    :hiya:

Kableman is the pro on this subject. Look through his posts or pm him (Tell him Razor sent you :D )

You will need a free program called powerstrip. With this you can re-size the picture to fit your screen.

Good luck :D

4. DLPMaybe

DLPMaybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    the Sp only adds the resizing options if you change the refrash rate to 60hz. When it is 50hz they do not appear. As Razor says get powerstrip, change the resolution to 1080 720. Then change the refresh rate to 60hz. Press p.size on the remote and they will appear. If you have any problems let me know and I will paste my powerstrip setting in here.

5. DLPMaybe

DLPMaybe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54