Samsung sp50l7hx and Xbox 360 dvds

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by gcar, Mar 20, 2006.

1. gcar

gcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Im having a little trouble with my dlp. When connected to the 360 and playing dvds that are 576p at 50hz the display seems to flicker. I get none of this when playing games or watching tv or even when ive got my Mac hooked up through VGA.

The xbox is connected through the supplied component cables but the flickering is still there when using the 360 vga cable also.

Hope someone can help

Gee.

2. Sunshinewelly

Sunshinewelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    I have the same TV as you and not noticed any problems.

I would have assumed that the disks would play at 60Hz anyway.

If you press the info button on the remote it tells you the resolution and frequency. I think mine says 60hz even when playing a dvd.

Have you set the switch on the lead to 60hz?.

3. gcar

gcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reply

I know there is a switch on the lead to go between hd and non hd and I have set the non hd mode to 60hz.

Pressing the info button gives me "720 x 576 50hz.

Anything else I can do with the set?

gee

Thanks again

4. spadge

spadge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i had problems too sent the tv back the sammy engineer said the tv doesnt 50hz when in 576p/480p if i remember rightly 720p/1080i worked fine you might need an upscaling dvd player like the samsung hd850

5. slackbladder

slackbladder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I have the SP46 Sammy DLP which is a little different to the SP50 but essentially the same.
    When I watch DVD's on the 360 (which isn't often - in fact never, but I did try a few times at first) I didn't have any trouble. I'm connected by component with the 360 set to HD and 60hz.
    If possible get another 576p DVD player and play that on your SP50 and see if there's a problem. if not it could be the 360's DVD playback at fault.
    The only "flicker" I get on my SP46 is when watching or playing a game in [email protected] That is a real problem with the SP46/50.