1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50L7 stand TR85 Info ??

Discussion in 'TVs' started by ~~ RPH ~~, Mar 14, 2005.

1. ~~ RPH ~~

~~ RPH ~~

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi , tried this in stands and furniture section - no joy !!
    Surely you guys can help !!( dont call me Shir.........), Have any of you bought this item from here or the US. ( the stand that wraps around the Pedestal ) if so has anyone got info on suppliers here or overseas who will ship, and has anyone got any prices inc. shipping etc.

Thanks for your help.............

Paul.....

2. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    If you just type TR85 into google and hit search you will find info on this stand and who has it and there prices :smashin: Good Hunting !!

3. ~~ RPH ~~

~~ RPH ~~

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks Sikenny, had already done that and the cheapest price i could find was $299.00 (not too bad) but to ship to UK. was &499.00 extra !!! could I not just go on holiday and bring it back as hand luggage !!! it would be cheaper...
    How much would easyjet charge for extra weight approx 3/4 of a tonne !!!! (Actually 85lbs including box) ??? Hmmmmm.........No !!!

So US. is out unless somebody knows something I dont..
    Has no-one bought this stand or a similar one here in the UK. ?? I really want to buy the Sammy but the storage problem for me would be a nightmare.........

(Xbox,PS2,GC,Sky+,DVD Recorder,VCR,Surround Sound and last but not least Centre speaker !! all on a Kenmark
    3 tier glass shelf unit - just about!!)

Can you buy the samsung glass shelves for the right hand side to make a pair ?? are they even handed ? has anyone got this set up and if so how does it look ? Sammy owners, Misty etc - what have you lot done ?? any pics would be great..
    Sorry to go on but this would really help out and I cant be the only one who would have a storage problem.

Cheers Paul.........

4. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    Try phoning SAMSUNG UK. If samsung make em they can surley get hold of one for you !! :)

5. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

RPH,

Make sure you find a company that will ground ship the item, it will be a lot cheaper. Takes about a month to come though!

Be aware that if customs spot it, and they most likely will. You will be charged 17.5% vat and 5% import duty. I did not check the duty, just look that up on their web site some items have different duty.

6. g_unit

g_unit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can you buy the samsung glass shelves for the right hand side to make a pair ?? are they even handed ? has anyone got this set up and if so how does it look ? Sammy owners, Misty etc - what have you lot done ?? any pics would be great..
    Sorry to go on but this would really help out and I cant be the only one who would have a storage problem.

Cheers Paul.........[/QUOTE]

RPH, :oops: Error glass shelves do not fit both sides look below :oops:

Yes you can use the glass shelf on both sides, so if you bought an extra one I think it would look good. I am thinking of doing this when I see them for sale. I saw in one thread somewhere that said they were told the cost will be around the £100 mark.

8. Beef

Beef
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Only thing would be the silver pole between the shelves would be at the back on the right hand set of shelves

(cam pic of page from samsung brochure)

Attached Files:

9. DLPhopefull

DLPhopefull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Beef,

You got me thinking and I have measured the shelves and you are right this will not work I stand corrected. :oops: The bar does not go to the back but as the shelves are not square (I thought they were) the right side would be wrong.

Please look at the word doc I did.

You can use this doc to play, turning the tables etc.

I have displayed them as they would be either side, and yes we have a problem. If you want shelves for the right of this TV they will have to be made to go on the right.

The shelves are 17" deep and 19" wide.
    (The bottom part of the glass shelves, which the feet are on, are triangular and will only fit in the positions shown in the diagram)

We will have to wait and see if Samsung produce right hand shelves

Attached Files:

10. Beef

Beef
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    looks like i have to go back to finding a uk supplier for the tr85. three shelves isnt enough and i dont want to trail all the cables to a seperate rack.

11. ~~ RPH ~~

~~ RPH ~~

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just got a reply from Samsung .co.uk "Unfortunately the TR85 stand is not available to UK. customers" ...

"Well thats just great innit !!!!" So guys what are we to do ??? (shall we start a pressure group?) :lease: :lesson: :thumbsup:

Or has anyone come up with an alternative :smashin: or shall i buy a glass cutter :suicide: is it just me ???!!!

12. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,491
    Yep, pressure them, they need to supply this stand to uk customers !!! why should the rest of the world get it and not us !! PRESSURE is whats needed. :)

13. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i haven't got my sammy yet but i am pretty sure about what i am going to do--make a stand.there are enough chrome poles of different sizes and pieces of glass in b&q plus any neccessary fittings that it should be pretty straight forward to make something that looks professional at a fraction of the price.