1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50L7 Component Input Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Br41ns, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Hi everyone.

Oh dear its looks like i may have a wee problem with my sammy or maybe im doing something wrong. Ive only been using scart and hdmi up to now with no probs whatsoever, ive just put my xbox into my tv with component and hd av pack(Impressive results) however every now and then the tv seems to jump to scart 1 input for no reason, there doesnt even appear to be a pattern to it, can happen after 5 mins or an hour. Will set up my dvd by component tonight but was wonering if anyone had any thoughts or experienced similar.

Cheers

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    br14n :hiya:

I dont know about the samsung set but the Optoma and Sagem sets switch channels when a scart feed is inputed, (ie they switch to that scart channel when the unit is switched on). You can disable this by cutting or disconnecting one of the pins on the scart lead. I think its pin 8 but not sure. This might be covered in the DLP sticky as I remember answering a similar question a while ago.

Try the same test without the DVD player plugged in, if it doesnt swap channels you have found your problem.

If its not this then I am at a loss. :(

Good Luck. :D

3. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya: Hi Razor

Will check the sticky out, hopefully it'll be something stupid as this is the first tv ive ever had with no probs.

Cheers

4. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,508
  5. Salty Seadog

Salty Seadog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well in the 5 amazing months my set worked for (5 of the happiest of my life) I also had the x-box hooked up via component with freeview in AV1, gamecube in AV2 and SAMSUNG HD945 DVD player via HDMI. The x-box took a real bashing as the kids (and me) were always on it because it just looked so damn sexy(!!). Have to say that this fault never happened on even one occasion and that the scart lead I was using in AVI was THOR branded one hooked to a NOKIA mediamaster.

Hope this helps :)

6. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31

Hi Razor, Seadog.

Well it would appear that because my xbox optical goes through my joytech av center 2 which has my sky optical and scart plugged in to that my tv is picking up something from the scart despite being disabled, took the pin off as you suggested Razor, seems to have cured the prob. Ta very much, back to the continued enjoyment of my tv. :D

Thanks again.

Brian

7. Salty Seadog

Salty Seadog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Enjoy yourself Bud but spare a thought for me camping out in the Kids room watching their SHARP 22" LCD :suicide:

8. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31

Hi Seadog, you still not got a replacement for yours yet, bet your kids still not smiling. Hope you get a new set soon, it would do my nut if i had to watch something smaller now. :D

9. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am in the same position, but after several months of 26" LCD as a stand-in for a 50" DLP, I have found the silver lining. We are now getting a new DLP, and have been re-enjoying the DLP viewing vis - 'the picture's huuuge and so good" experience all over again - now can't wait for next weekend when I'll pop over to CostCo for a new Samsung SP50 (went to join this weekend, but didn't have a van to transport the beast in - still came back with hundreds of pounds of stuff though! - great place).

Cheers

Greg

10. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31

Hi Greg

Bet you wont be leaving the house at the weekend once you pick your sammy up, superb tv. Dont know if its my eyes or not but the PQ on my sammy seems to have got better since i got it, i presume it due to it been well run in, with being of work due to an accident i think ive had at least 280hrs of viewing in 4-5 wks, i think the run in is appx 100 hrs. Make sure you have a BIG van as the box is massive. Enjoy !! :D