1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50 stand?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Logan09, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Logan09

Logan09
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I need more shelving space for my SP50 and was wondering do samsung make a stand (like the triangular stand that comes with it) that fits onto the right hand side of the TV? If so is there anywhere you can buy them seperate from the TV?

2. tiburs

tiburs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are many Websites where you can find it, in Europe it's specially in Germany (I'm not German), don't know why. Check that link :
    http://www.preissuchmaschine.de/psm_frontend/main.asp?suche=TR50L7P&x=30&y=14

I purchased one from there and should receive it tomorrow :clap:

3. ~~ RPH ~~

~~ RPH ~~

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    No such shelf exists, do a google search for TR85 and you will see the stand for the American market around $300 - 400 ( shipping costs are a nightmare as it is very heavy !!! ) I got a spare shelf from a friend and modified it to fit the right hand side, looks OK. although the chrome foot underneath is now on the top at the front... the feet at the back are hidden by any AV. gear you put on the stand.. :D
    As I say if you can live with the small foot being on show then in my opinion this is the best looking and most balanced option available to us in the UK. ( Samsung take note !!! this is a ridiculous situation as most people who would buy this set (SP50) are likely enthusiasts who would own more than 2 or 3 peices of kit (3 consoles ??? SKY/+,VCR ? ,DVD player/recorder/surround and thats just me !!! ) will try and post some pics soon so you guys can give me your opinion................... :smashin: :thumbsdow :eek: :thumbsup:

Paul......

4. Lion

Lion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    this is the american stand.

5. Jamesy_UK

Jamesy_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    NT - sorry dble post

6. Jamesy_UK

Jamesy_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Sorry for the semi thread Hi-jack but is the samsung website down for everyone else?, that and I can't order online from Comet's website the delivery scheduler and payment pages crap out with a blank screen.

7. Logan09

Logan09
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks guys. ~~ RPH ~~ - by modifying the stand, I presume you mean turning the base triangle piece upside down and adding some feet. This would work, but having seen the prices of the stands I'm looking for another solution.

Basically I need one more bit of shelving space for my Amp (which won't fit on either of the 2 bottom shelves because it's too tall - and currently my HTPC is on the top shelf).

I was wondering if anyone had had to deal with a similar problem or had any good (cheap) solutions that look good.

8. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    I have put my HCPC on the right on the base and it looks ok

9. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just get a cheap table from argos and modify it,this is the cheapest solution and you will have more storage than you will ever need,total cost for 2 is about £160.somewhere on this forum is a photo of my mod which you can adapt to your own taste.

10. tiburs

tiburs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just received my TR50L7P stand purchased from one of the German links above (2 weeks for delivery). It fits perfectly with the beast. It's really a must have.

11. missfendi

missfendi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just would like to know