1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung SP50 package dimensions?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by tim k, May 11, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am awaiting delivery of my new 50"er and I cant wait!! I have been told the package is quite large, does anyone know the exact size, im hoping it will fit in my lift up to my apartment, the lift is quite large, probably big enough to fit 8 people at a squeeze.

2. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also if not could i unwrap it and take it up?? Does the pedastal have wheels! And how heavy!

3. TheGaffer

TheGaffer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine wouldn't fit in the lift and had to go back. My lift wasn't very big but I think the problem is with the height of the box and the fact that it needs to stay vertical.

Of course you always have the option of getting it delivered to your building and then unboxing it yourself and taking it up. It should fit in the lift unboxed but it will be heavy and will need two people at least (I don't think the pedestal has wheels). And if you damage it on your way up you will be relying on your home insurance to sort you out with a replacement.

In the end I also had in the back of the mind that if it was that difficult to get in to the apartment, what would it be like getting it out, so I went for the Sagem HD-D45 instead (a bit of a saga but at least no problems getting it in the lift).

Do a search on the forum and you might find the box dimensions of the SP50 - I'm sure it has been posted on here before.

4. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my lift!!

Attached Files:

6. sheep

sheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i can confirm that the box isnt as big as you may think it is.........."DOUBLE" it lol

sheep

7. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    It wasn't the size of the box, which was huge, it was the height of my ceiling that gave me grief! The delivery guys left it in my hallway and there wasn't enough width to provide the angle to lift the box up and over the TV!! Even when it was in my living room I needed a good six feet to lift it and gradually bend it over - I didn't want to cut it just in case I need to return it - I've had my finger burnt once already on that score. If you have low ceilings though you may have to. It was a good 5-5.5 ft high and is designed to be lifted straight up and off :eek:

8. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the lift entry will be ok, at the ground floor i have double doors straight from the road entrance and a wide corridoor. The problem i see is turning corners when on my top floor. I think ill just unpack it :)

9. malso

malso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bloody hell...

the tv will have to be removed from the box outside the front door and then the tv carried in, i'm not removing the tv from the box inside my house...

this will be even worst with the 56'' screen!

10. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah it teaches us to want such monstrous tvs ey!! Imagine what the 80+"ers are like, nightmare!

Cant wait for my sammy, just need to sell my pw6, i think its a bargain at £1200!!

11. Beef

Beef
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Box (W x H x D, mm) 1485 x 1530 x 646
    TV 1361 x1389 x 520

12. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a million for that beef, ill check my lift!!