1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung sp50 or the Hitachi ld7200

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by b!lly, Sep 21, 2005.

1. b!lly

b!lly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    help,help i cant decide between the 2,what would be the better choice,the dlp sammy or the lcd hitachi ld7200, :lease:

2. AndoverRed

AndoverRed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    On this forum, the Sammy SP50 obviously. :D

Pro's - Size, looks, PQ, cost

Con's - Size, looks, rainbows

The SP50 can now be picked up for less than £1,800. You get a lot of screen for your money.

3. b!lly

b!lly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes well samsung can get for £1800 looks awsoeme and is massive.

hitachi looks pretty good too only costs £1200 but is only 32" but seems to be one of the best lcd screens available

i would be using the screens for movies,general sky digital viewing,dvd,s and ps2(ps3 when released),
    but cant decide which i would be better off with in the long run

4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Hardly a like for like comparison as one is a 50" screen and the other is a 32".

But if you are likely to be playing a lot of games, then you have to consider the screen "lag" factor with fast movement on the LCD set due to the slower refresh rate of the screen.

I would say it's a no brainer. The Samsung is a superb set with stunning PQ, and what's more is miles more screen for your £££. The only reason I'd even consider the LCD was if I definitely had to have a set that I could hang on the wall.

5. b!lly

b!lly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    welll thanks for the input guys,i know there aint much of a comparison to 32" and 50" but i wasnt sure if the bigger the screen i was getting then i would lose some pq,but seems not the case............
    looks like its time to order the sammy sp50.
    thnx