1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung sp50 - moving source

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by enigma1701, Jun 7, 2005.

1. enigma1701

enigma1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can stop the sammy moving onto the next source when I go back to the tv. for example: I use component to connect the dvd player. Once I have the component source selected, if I then go to channel 1 and press the source button to change back to the component it moves onto ext.1 - so I need to keep pressing the source button till it reaches component again.

Can it not just go back onto component like most tv's?

This isnt a problem, just a wee gripe I have. Its a brilliant TV tho!

cheers

Chris

2. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Hi Chris, Have to admit it annoys me when im watching sky on ext1 and then have to push the source button until i get to hdmi and then back again, however when i switch my xbox on which is component fed the tv auto jumps to that feed and back to sky when i switched the xbox off, doesnt always do it though. I had to take pin 8 off my scart lead as it would sometimes jump from component to scart on its own, like you say minor niggle for a superb tv.

Cheers, Brian.

3. enigma1701

enigma1701

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +338
    Cheers Brain, at least Im not the only one! haha

I didnt know the TV can detect a input automatically through component, might be interesting to try a couple of different dvd players out to see which ones it will switch with!

I'll start it off, it doesnt swithc with my pio 575! :thumbsdow

4. Br41ns

Br41ns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    :hiya:

Ive been having a few experiments with the tv today and i think ive got it sussed. It would appear that it switches back to what was last on, so if i switch my xbox off it jumps to the last input used, av1 in this case. Only does it with the component input, doesnt seem to work with hdmi. Originaaly mine was switching on its own sometimes which is why i binned pin 8 off my scart. :D