Samsung SP50 HDMI-DVI ??

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ~~ RPH ~~, Mar 25, 2005.

1. ~~ RPH ~~

~~ RPH ~~

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi guys (and Misty & DLPgirl !!) :oops: Getting the Sammy on Wednesday to replace Sagem HD50 :D :D :D :thumbsup:
    The questions are this, My PC was hooked up to the Sagem by DVI-DVI lead approx 10 metres.
    a) Did you all or any of you receive Hdmi-Dvi Adapter or lead with the TV.??
    b) If the answer is no :eek: wheres the best (cheapest) place to pick one up ( you can probably get one for 2p on ebay !! but would it be worth buying :nono: or is a connecter a connecter in this instance as i already have the lead which seems fine most of the time, see next question !!)???
    c) Has anyone who uses either HDMI-DVI or DVI-DVI leads over say 2-3 metres noticed any sparklies :confused: whilst
    watching T2 via PC the other day there was tiny red dots in the dark areas - what do you guys think ?? checked all connections were tight etc. but the thing is, it was an intermittent problem the next time it would be gone :suicide: Is this a DLP trait or a lead problem or a PC config. problem ?? Or could it be interference ? there is a digital cordless phone maybe 2 feet from the cable..........
    Sorry for the long post, :boring: :boring: :boring: but I,m having to rearrange all my AV. again and would like to sort it in one go :lease:

Thanks as always Paul..........

2. DLPGirl

DLPGirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you all or any of you receive Hdmi-Dvi Adapter or lead with the TV.??

Nope no such cable came with mine.

3. aftertaste

aftertaste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I've never heard of anyone getting HDMI or DVI leads with their TV. Mine didn't. Although some DVD players come with them.